Sign martinez now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think that we'll get either DDR, who as matt said could have a very good impact on Mario, or Martinez who would fit instantly into the team. Shit u read in the papers about him preferring a move to bayern could just as easily be a ploy for us to step up our bid and make the deal happen

unexpected item said:
His agent's now saying he wants to go to Bayern. If we are in for him, I have the feeling he will only agree to come to us as a last resort.

Javi Martinez’s agent Ersin Akan has insisted the player can move to Bayern Munich if Athletic Bilbao can agree a transfer fee with the German giants.

Martinez, who has also been linked with La Liga giants Barcelona this summer, is rated at €40M by the board members of Bilbao and the high transfer fee demands of the Basque club are proving to be a stumbling block.

The Spanish starlet had expressed his desire to stay with the Liga outfit earlier this summer, however, according to his agent, the player would look forward to a new challenge in Munich if his current club can lower their asking price.

"An unpredictable situation has been created due to the high transfer fee. The boy is just waiting to know what will happen”, said Martinez’s agent to Sport 1.

“He wants to move to the Bavarians, the Bavarians want the player, so I know that the interest still exists. It is only because of the transfer fee [that the move hasn’t happened yet]”, added the Spanish midfielder’s representative.

The agent was quick to deny any suggestion that the defensive midfielder is unhappy at the Lions, but said that he would be happy to take up a new challenge if the opportunity presented itself.

“He enjoys it at Athletic Bilbao. However, he would look forward if a new challenge came.”

The 23-year-old’s agent further insisted that even though the asking price is too high, the chances of a move to the Bundesliga giants are still not too dim.

“I cannot set a deadline for the transfer, it can happen quickly. I would evaluate the chances to be 50-50.”

Meanwhile, Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness restated Akan’s opinion that the €40M asking price is excessive.

“The only problem is the high transfer fee, it is still possible though”, he said to Sueddeutsche Zeitung.

It remains to be seen whether Uli Hoeness and co. decide to splash the cash on the Spanish international or whether the Lions’ stubborn behavior will deter from signing Martinez.

Read more at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.insidefutbol.com/2012/08/08/javi-martinez-to-bayern-munich-rated-as-50-50-by-agent/66761/#zOWzoy5QIqFTQToC.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.insidefutbol.com/2012/08/08/ ... qFTQToC.99</a>

Without wishing to be seen as clutching at straws, he hasn't done an Alexis Sanchez and put all his eggs in one basket, he hasn't ruled us out. We are also a 'new challenge'.

argh this transfer window is killing me. Martinez to City just makes so much sense... more so than any other player we have been linked with.

would be over the moon even if he's the only major signing we make

Rammyblues said:
Well Dippers want 27m for Agger, Roma will want 30m for DDR, seems common sense to me pay 32m for Martinez save 25m. 4 years younger with potential to be better than both, common city you know it makes sense. :-)

Agree with every word. It is a shame that we don't seem to be linked with him anymore.

I was away so didn't see any of Spain games at the Olympics - They didn't win one game and they were among the favourites - how well did martinez play?

onceabluealways said:
I was away so didn't see any of Spain games at the Olympics - They didn't win one game and they were among the favourites - how well did martinez play?

Like a drain

I really doubt that Javi Martinez will come here. To me, it's pretty obvious that Barcelona is his first choice. As expected, considering he's Spanish and knows a lot of the Barca squad for Spain. We're not his first choice, I'm about 95% sure of that. Is that the sort of player we want?

I'm not sure how much some of you have seen of him either. I've seen a few people compare him to Yaya, he's nothing like him. The player I think he's most similar to is Sergio Busquets. His short passing is amazing. He keeps it simple and is very rarely caught in possession. He played there for the Spain U21s and really caught my eye. A bit like Barry, but better. He doesn't really play impressive long balls like de Rossi or Sahin would.

I wouldn't complain if Martinez came here, he's a brilliant player at the perfect age. However, I really doubt this move will happen and, to be honest, I'd rather de Rossi and even Sahin ahead of him. For me, he's third choice. And I think we're his third choice too!

CityFan94 said:
I really doubt that Javi Martinez will come here. To me, it's pretty obvious that Barcelona is his first choice. As expected, considering he's Spanish and knows a lot of the Barca squad for Spain. We're not his first choice, I'm about 95% sure of that. Is that the sort of player we want?

I'm not sure how much some of you have seen of him either. I've seen a few people compare him to Yaya, he's nothing like him. The player I think he's most similar to is Sergio Busquets. His short passing is amazing. He keeps it simple and is very rarely caught in possession. He played there for the Spain U21s and really caught my eye. A bit like Barry, but better. He doesn't really play impressive long balls like de Rossi or Sahin would.

I wouldn't complain if Martinez came here, he's a brilliant player at the perfect age. However, I really doubt this move will happen and, to be honest, I'd rather de Rossi and even Sahin ahead of him. For me, he's third choice. And I think we're his third choice too!
Yaya used to play in the Busquets position. It was Mancini who changed his role and there is no reason why he couldn't/wouldn't do the same with Martinez

onceabluealways said:

I went to the swamp to watch them and he was terrible. Way too slow and ponderous in the game against Morocco

LongsightM13 said:
CityFan94 said:

Yaya used to play in the Busquets position. It was Mancini who changed his role and there is no reason why he couldn't/wouldn't do the same with Martinez

For a start, Yaya's one of a kind. I don't see Martinez playing that role personally. I could be wrong, but I don't think Martinez has that raw power that Yaya has. Yaya literally bullies and terrifies opponents, he's a beast. Martinez hasn't got Yaya's pace, he's quite slow, and is far more relaxed in the way he plays.

I don't see the comparisions between to the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.