Signing De Rossi if contract talks go well {update page 1}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Marquee Signing before Southampton

Phuket Blue said:
I think Rodwell is the Martinez 'substitute' signing. The player who can fill in for Yaya/Barry and may later develop as CB cover.
Definitely a long term view this one though. I guess we won't be signing Nir Biton now though...would be a shame to miss out on him for just 2 million.
#

Think the problem with Bitton is getting a work permit + military service, I must admit though he's looked good in the pre season games I've seen.

why don't we try to outbid barcelona for alex song? if arsenal are open to selling him, we should be all over that. i'd rather have him than van persie.

pudge said:
moomba said:
pudge said:
That doesn't make sense though?

Makes perfect sense to me.
If you could elaborate further I'd appreciate it.

Pack it in you two, nothing here to bicker about. For what it's worth, I'd heard the same thing about Rodwell being groomed for CB, but haven't seen him play there. It would be excellent if he could fill in there but I'm sure Bobby will make his mind up about that over time.

flightless said:
pudge said:
moomba said:

Pack it in you two, nothing here to bicker about. For what it's worth, I'd heard the same thing about Rodwell being groomed for CB, but haven't seen him play there. It would be excellent if he could fill in there but I'm sure Bobby will make his mind up about that over time.
Pack what in? I'm genuinely interested in why he thinks Rodwell will be a CB.

I know the transfer forum is usually devoid of discussion but it's not extinct.

flightless said:
pudge said:
moomba said:

are you the new blue moon head teacher?

cleav said:
why don't we try to outbid barcelona for alex song? if arsenal are open to selling him, we should be all over that. i'd rather have him than van persie.

I'd rather just keep De Jong than fork out for a player like Song who isn't an obvious improvement.

pudge said:
flightless said:
pudge said:

Pack what in? I'm genuinely interested in why he thinks Rodwell will be a CB.

I know the transfer forum is usually devoid of discussion but it's not extinct.

Fair enough, the back and forth there just reminded me of my kid brothers when they fall out so it was my natural reaction.

I have a few Evertonian mates and I'd always heard the whole CB idea from them - he seems to be defensively-minded enough (had a good game against us, keeping Silva quiet last year from what I remember) but I personally see him being trained to fill the Yaya role as a backup.

flightless said:
pudge said:
moomba said:

Sorry grandma

BringBackSwales said:
flightless said:
pudge said:

he did hear about rodwell being groomed

BringBackSwales said:
flightless said:
pudge said:

Haha, as you can tell from my post count, I'm more of a lurker here than a poster - that would fit pretty well with the head teacher role I think. No acting up or it's detention for you!

Hmmm... maybe that would solve the wumming we get on here - have a "detention" forum and instead of bringing out the ban-hammer we just throw the reprobates in there for a bit to wind each other up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.