Signing De Rossi if contract talks go well {update page 1}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Marquee Signing before Southampton

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/165278.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/165278.html</a>
is this that much anticipated signing? :s oh marwood

If we signed DDR and JM during this window I seriously think I'd burst, but with the transfer window closing soon I cant see their clubs letting them go without being able to get replacements in :(

Bluecolin said:
If we signed DDR and JM during this window I seriously think I'd burst, but with the transfer window closing soon I cant see their clubs letting them go without being able to get replacements in :(

Not a chance we would sign Rodwell, DDR and Martinez. We already have 3 def mid/ central mids on the books 4 if you count Razak. Think man think

TooBlue2 said:
Bluecolin said:

Not a chance we would sign Rodwell, DDR and Martinez. We already have 3 def mid/ central mids on the books 4 if you count Razak. Think man think

Yes, but I can see it both ways. Pizzaro, Hargreaves and Dejong (going) and Rodwell, De Rossii and Martinez coming in. Also throw in Kolo who might leave as well as Boyata and the fact Savic isn't up to it and those 3 coming in who could all play CB or CM doesn't look that stupid. In fact it makes quite a lot of sense

I can see De Rossi coming if De Jong leaves, but it would all depend on a buyer coming in for Nige.

Mad 4 It said:
TooBlue2 said:
Bluecolin said:

Yes, but I can see it both ways. Pizzaro, Hargreaves and Dejong (going) and Rodwell, De Rossii and Martinez coming in. Also throw in Kolo who might leave as well as Boyata and the fact Savic isn't up to it and those 3 coming in who could all play CB or CM doesn't look that stupid. In fact it makes quite a lot of sense

I respectfully disagree. Our pursuit of Agger seems to indicate that if we need a defender we will sign a defender and not a versatile midfielder. Plus Pizarro and Hargreaves made half a dozen appearances between so why would we spend 60-70 mil replacing them?

TooBlue2 said:
Mad 4 It said:
TooBlue2 said:

I respectfully disagree. Our pursuit of Agger seems to indicate that if we need a defender we will sign a defender and not a versatile midfielder. Plus Pizarro and Hargreaves made half a dozen appearances between so why would we spend 60-70 mil replacing them?

Martinez played virtually the whole of last season playing CB

I texted him asking if there was any news, and he replied with this..

Not 100% related to what I told you earlier, but yesterday we submitted our final bid for rvp, and we are officially out of the running unless Arsenal come crawling back.

Mad 4 It said:
TooBlue2 said:
Mad 4 It said:

But where did he play for Spain in the Olympics and the Euros? And he played at Cb for Bilbao due to the quality midfielders available and the lack of Cb options. As I said its just my opinion but I can't see us signing him and DDR. Furthermore there has been little if any recent speculation linking us to him

Mad 4 It said:
TooBlue2 said:
Mad 4 It said:

This is the reason why I'd defo go for JM, he did really well in this position and would provide excellent coverage for VK and JL and DDR would be great coverage for Yaya when away at the ACON and at the same time allow JR to develop at a sensible pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.