silence about salzburg

8 of us went, quality trip.

Flew to Munich with Singapore Airlines. Nice meal, free beer & spirits, comfy seats etc. 2 hour train to Salzburg, on lagers from Aldi, 40 cents a bottle.

Before game, big Austrian beer hall.
25q3zv7.jpg

Decent stadium, their fans were petty noisy.
w9cqbm.jpg

After the game, on a terrace bar near the stadium, 8 of us spinning round on a revolving table banging out City songs. A Few went on to the Irish bars.
o5npjn.jpg

Friday, back to Munich, went to Olympic Stadium, amazing complex.
xd8n6s.jpg

Spotted this plaque to commemorate a gold medal from one of our ex players (3rd name down).
2cereyw.jpg

Watched Bayern Munich II (league 3) at their 1st ever stadium, The Grundwalde. 5 euro to stand on terracing with a beer.
32zmjyv.jpg

Then out in the student part of Munich. Really chilled out, comfortable bar, before a few beers at the airport.

Salzburg/Munich are awesome places. We travelled about all day on a group ticket for 7 Euros. Spotlessly clean, friendly people.

liamctid said:
Got back about an hour ago.

Fucking incredible.

Got to Salzburg on Wednesday. In the Shamrock bar for 5 in the afternoon, left at 1 as I'd only brought 40 euros with me (/I was barely able to stand).

Quite a lot of blues in there, had a guy playing the acoustic singing Blue Moon every 20 mins. Lovely American girl in there was lucky enough to get a scarf off me, and we managed to talk her into coming to the match tomorrow!

Thursday.

Saw Sean Rileys St. Georges Cross flag by the river tied to a bridge, so me and my associate decided to see what the crack was. Got my flags up and sat out there chatting to some blues. Then back to Shamrock. As the time got closer to kick off more and more blues appeared and I got more pissed (sneaking that bottle of Jagermeister in was a great decision). Quite a lot of photos were taken outside as the many blues stood on the street corner drinking. There is a fantastic photo on felix's phone of the bar singing Hey Jude - scall is in a state of euphoria!

Bus to the ground was absolutely rocking. Got off with a bit of a walk and we started chatting to these Americans (loads of Aussies and Americans in Salzburg - all students) so we 'Love Story' by Taylor Swift to them, as we thought it may allow us to be 'in there' later.

Got in the ground, more City there then I thought there would be. Some silly boys managed to get themselves on the raised stage bit at the front. Apparently they were dancing round and singing songs all game. --- Apologies to anyone who's view was obstructed by us lot!

Back to Shamrock after - the only way I can describe it was like Mary D's at its rowdiest but for 5 hours. City songs all night, everyone was fucking hammered. Just fantastic.

A load of clowns who post on here were in a terrible way - you know who you are!

If anyones got any pictures, please put them up - I want to feel ashamed!

must have been stood with us then liam, were you there when that slovakian rag fan came over and was promptly told to f**k off?

Cracking couple of days - i was pretty much a corpse by the time we got on the plane but great craic!

Liam, i'm pretty sure you'd changed colour...you were that drunk.

invisibleman92 said:
liamctid said:
Got back about an hour ago.

Fucking incredible.

Got to Salzburg on Wednesday. In the Shamrock bar for 5 in the afternoon, left at 1 as I'd only brought 40 euros with me (/I was barely able to stand).

Quite a lot of blues in there, had a guy playing the acoustic singing Blue Moon every 20 mins. Lovely American girl in there was lucky enough to get a scarf off me, and we managed to talk her into coming to the match tomorrow!

Thursday.

Saw Sean Rileys St. Georges Cross flag by the river tied to a bridge, so me and my associate decided to see what the crack was. Got my flags up and sat out there chatting to some blues. Then back to Shamrock. As the time got closer to kick off more and more blues appeared and I got more pissed (sneaking that bottle of Jagermeister in was a great decision). Quite a lot of photos were taken outside as the many blues stood on the street corner drinking. There is a fantastic photo on felix's phone of the bar singing Hey Jude - scall is in a state of euphoria!

Bus to the ground was absolutely rocking. Got off with a bit of a walk and we started chatting to these Americans (loads of Aussies and Americans in Salzburg - all students) so we 'Love Story' by Taylor Swift to them, as we thought it may allow us to be 'in there' later.

Got in the ground, more City there then I thought there would be. Some silly boys managed to get themselves on the raised stage bit at the front. Apparently they were dancing round and singing songs all game. --- Apologies to anyone who's view was obstructed by us lot!

Back to Shamrock after - the only way I can describe it was like Mary D's at its rowdiest but for 5 hours. City songs all night, everyone was fucking hammered. Just fantastic.

A load of clowns who post on here were in a terrible way - you know who you are!

If anyones got any pictures, please put them up - I want to feel ashamed!

must have been stood with us then liam, were you there when that slovakian rag fan came over and was promptly told to f**k off?

Erm not sure. I was here there and everywhere. Wearing a grey polo top on Thursday. Some nice guy poured a drink all over me when I was laying on the floor getting emotional to 'Chasing Cars' by Snow Patrol.

Simon Le Tom said:
Cracking couple of days - i was pretty much a corpse by the time we got on the plane but great craic!

Liam, i'm pretty sure you'd changed colour...you were that drunk.

You were absolutely wrecked mate. I remember just chatting for ages about Deadmau5 and Mastadon. I was in a worse way on Wednesday, believe it or not!

The look on Big Gay Al's face when 'How Soon Is Now' by The Smiths came on was priceless. I thought he was going to just give up on life because it was complete.

marco said:
someone must have gone off here,not heard a word about the match,bars etc, there was only two flights out to manchester after the match are they still there?

We went Wednesday morning "Singapore Airways" flight to Munich!
"Bayern Card" local train, direct to Salzburg.
Wednesday and Thursday in Salzburg, had to get a Taxi back Friday morning to Munich for the 06:35 "Singapore Airlines" back to Manchester!

Excellent trip! First time been on computer since got back!

Sef said:
marco said:
someone must have gone off here,not heard a word about the match,bars etc, there was only two flights out to manchester after the match are they still there?

We went Wednesday morning "Singapore Airways" flight to Munich!
"Bayern Card" local train, direct to Salzburg.
Wednesday and Thursday in Salzburg, had to get a Taxi back Friday morning to Munich for the 06:35 "Singapore Airlines" back to Manchester!

Excellent trip! First time been on computer since got back!

Same as us going, must have been on same train to Salzburg, got back on the 06.35 this morning, fair few Blues tying to get few hours kip at the airport. Cream crackered now but well worth it.

Loved Salzburg, did all the touristy stuff.....got the 48 hour Sazburg card and hammered it. Quite a few of us older ones spotted along the way enjoying the sights.

liamctid said:
The Game 77 said:
Just was wondering how did it cost to go over there inc your ticket ?
Want to go to an Euro away game

flights - 90
hostel for 2 nights - 45
food and drink - 150

James the Guildford Blue here. Absolutely top trip. Sung so much I still cant sleep.
flight - 120
hotel 2 nights - 50
drink - 150
food - 3
See you all in Poznan!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.