Silva our best ever player

apples and oranges.

Different jobs on the pitch.

Mike Doyle was a tremnendous centre half, miles better than David could ever be, so does that make himn a better player? I dont think so.

Similarly you cant compare Sir Colin with David.

For natural ability, being able to make the game look easy, its gotta be David, for strength, power, dedication, etc etc it would be Sir Colin.

Having said that, if its just natural ability, then Kinky and Tommy Hutch would both be up there.

Impossible to compare.

would like to have seen kinky play with this team,silva is a class act great to watch

Every now and again a player comes along that has you on the edge of your seat when he gets the ball,you just know he has the ability to create something out of nothing,the through balls for Aguero against Wigan,and the one for Milner against Everton we're sublime.He draws 2 or 3 opposition players in at a time,and then creates goal scoring chances, that with the quality of our players now,are usually stuck away.

I think his only fault up to now,has been a reluctance to shoot himself when in good goal scoring positions,he started well this season with a couple of goals,i'd like to see him link up more with Nasri,and get on the scoresheet himself more often.Definitely got the ability to be one of our greatest players ever.

As far as potential goes, we're spoiled for choice. I, personally, think Silva is the strongest player to take that mantle, considering his technical ability and growing form. Then again, just look at Aguero and how fast he's adapted over here, and let's not forget Super Mario.

Nearly every time Silva gets the ball, I do a little sex wee.

AdamManCity said:
I know he hasnt been here long and it is too early to say but in terms of talent and ability rather than what he has done for us so far is he the best player we have had? I am not quite old enough to have seen Colin Bell play but I have heard he was a Gerrard type box to box player so different position to silva and so hard to compare but have also been told that silva is the better player technically but needs a few more quality seasons under his belt before he can be called our best player. Is this correct or was Bell better than silva will ever be? All I can say is that silva is the best player I have seen in a city shirt and needs a song fast to show him our appreciation!

Colin Bell mate (would have loved to see him and DS in the same team though)

Another two-pennor'th from the generation that was privileged to see Colin Bell in his prime.

I actually first saw him playing for Bury in a Boxing Day fixture at Maine Road. He was 18, captain, and that day playing at centre half ! I just knew then that we were seeing a future international

Bell could kick equally well with both feet, he was a great header of the ball, prolific goalscorer (given his all over the field game), a great tackler and a superb passer. An all round great, great player. No-one in today's game could touch him IMO.

Having said that, David Silva is destined for greatness too. A different type of player to King Colin but I believe that we have yet to see the best of Merlin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.