Silva+Tevez+Dzeko+Balo...

I'd like to see this

Richards....Boateng....Komps....Kolarov
............DJ.............Milner................
..................Silva............................
.......Tevez......Dzeko........Balo...........

Don't think we will use it to often but it's a great option to have if we are chasing a game - personally if the animal big nige is back against spurs I'd go for it, they wouldn't know what hit them and I am craving us to smash them to bits.

Incidentally feed the goat owes me a nice round oner after that starting line up last night -

as I commented on the Barry thread...

...one of the knock-on effects of playing Silva/Tevez/Balo/Dzeko
is that it forces the two central midfielders (barry + Yaya) out of their comfort zone.

Often, when they play alongside NDJ...there seems to be a fair bit of aimless midfield passing.

But with the extra responsibility of being only two in midfield, they step their game up + there is a greater sense of commitment / urgency about their play.

i liked it for the first 20 minutes but if they drift in and out of the game like that against top prem opposition it could see us punished

I would rather see Yaya upfront instead of Balotelli.

.........................Hart..................

Zabba....Boateng.......Komp....Kolarov

............Barry.............NDJ...........

.......Silva.......Tevez...........Yaya

....................Dzeko.................

According to ESPN Aris had 51% posession last night. Seeing as keeping the ball seems the major part of our game seems to me this team with these four doesn't seem to be able to keep the ball enough.So I doubt we will see them all together again.

I think it's something we should accomodate at home, most teams will come and park the bus so by having that extra forward should help us get behind them.

Adobt our usual formation away from home

Tevez City said:
I would rather see Yaya upfront instead of Balotelli.

.........................Hart..................

Zabba....Boateng.......Komp....Kolarov

............Barry.............NDJ...........

.......Silva.......Tevez...........Yaya

....................Dzeko.................

If you swap Yaya and Tevez around in your diagram you'd have the formation we've played a fair bit recently. Works pretty well.
In general I'm a big fan of the 4-2-3-1, no wonder it's become so dominant in the last couple of years.

I think we only saw this team due to injuries to MIlner and De Jong , if one of them would have been fit then one of the four would have dropped out. But when going forward , at a good tempo , we looked unplayable but then when the other team broke the balance wasn't right and we could get easily overrun. I hope we see it from time to time but I doubt it .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.