Silva v's Scholes

BETTER-DEAD-THAN-RED said:
what your all forgeting here is that he is a prick.

even if he played better than messi i would still not let him anywear near a blue shirt.

Whether he is a prick or not is irrelevant.

He is a player who gives 100% to his team. That's what you need.
And how many other players out there are able to almost single handedly pull their team up by the bootlaces to get them back into a game. There are a very small amount of players who can do that, and he's one of them.

When all the big stars go missing, he was nearly always there to pull them back. Tell you what, the RAGs are really going to struggle without him.

There's a whole bunch of defenders/forwards/wingers etc who stand out. But when you look at a lot of teams it's in the middle of the park where they struggle.

What a pity he was with the RAGs and an awful pity for England that he spent so little time playing for them.

coolredwine said:
“He is the one whose level I aspire to. He is the best player in the Premier League.” - Fabregas

“Scholes is my favourite player. He epitomises the spirit of Manchester United and everything that is good about football.” - Sir Bobby Charlton

“If he [Scholes] was playing with me, I would score so many more.” - Pele

“I want to pass like him. Who taught him how to do that?” - Ronaldinho about Scholes

“Scholes is the best i’ve played with and he helped me a lot when I was young. He’s amazing.” - Rooney

“Paul Scholes is a living legend.” - Iniesta

“The best player I’ve played with or against.” - Rooney

"Even playing at Real Madrid, the players always asked me 'what's he [Scholes] like'? They respect him as a footballer." - David Beckham

“Nobody else in the world can play the way Scholes does. The passes he can produce are brilliant." - Berbatov

“Sad to hear Paul Scholes is retiring, great player, world class player, the English Zizou.” - Nasri

“I can’t understand why Scholes has never won the player of the year award. He should have won it long ago." - Henry

“He’s almost untouchable in what he does. I never tire of watching him play. You rarely come across the complete footballer, but Scholes is as close to it as you can get. - Zidane.

Some of the stuff said about Scholes by other rival players.

Half of these must be patronising.

Zidane, Henry, for a start - Both far superior to him.

The rest, alcoholics, pensioners and illiterates.

ultimateharold said:
coolredwine said:
“He is the one whose level I aspire to. He is the best player in the Premier League.” - Fabregas

“Scholes is my favourite player. He epitomises the spirit of Manchester United and everything that is good about football.” - Sir Bobby Charlton

“If he [Scholes] was playing with me, I would score so many more.” - Pele

“I want to pass like him. Who taught him how to do that?” - Ronaldinho about Scholes

“Scholes is the best i’ve played with and he helped me a lot when I was young. He’s amazing.” - Rooney

“Paul Scholes is a living legend.” - Iniesta

“The best player I’ve played with or against.” - Rooney

"Even playing at Real Madrid, the players always asked me 'what's he [Scholes] like'? They respect him as a footballer." - David Beckham

“Nobody else in the world can play the way Scholes does. The passes he can produce are brilliant." - Berbatov

“Sad to hear Paul Scholes is retiring, great player, world class player, the English Zizou.” - Nasri

“I can’t understand why Scholes has never won the player of the year award. He should have won it long ago." - Henry

“He’s almost untouchable in what he does. I never tire of watching him play. You rarely come across the complete footballer, but Scholes is as close to it as you can get. - Zidane.

Some of the stuff said about Scholes by other rival players.

Half of these must be patronising.

Zidane, Henry, for a start - Both far superior to him.

The rest, alcoholics, pensioners and illiterates.

jesus! are you serious?! why can't you just accept Paul Scholes is one of the greatest players of his generation and WORLD CLASS players who play and excel in the game think so! even to add to that list of quotes I think it was Xavi Alonso who said if Scholes was Spanish everyone would say he's the best player in the world he's incredible!

there's no doubt David Silva's an excellent player but Scholes played and dominated at the top for over a decade, calling Silva "on a par" after 30 odd games and one season is crazy and hugely biased. He has the potential no doubt but have the debate in 10 years time

right now
Scholes > Silva
clearly

Threads like this show City fans up, The bitterness is unreal, if Scholes played for us as long as he did for them lot, and did the things he has done, he would be held in higher esteem than Bell et el.

The guy was a genius, the model profession, and a huge reason why they have been at the top for so long.

Its a shame that some people cannot see past who he had his success with.

Ticket For Schalke said:
Threads like this show City fans up, The bitterness is unreal, if Scholes played for us as long as he did for them lot, and did the things he has done, he would be held in higher esteem than Bell et el.

The guy was a genius, the model profession, and a huge reason why they have been at the top for so long.

Bollox!

Silva has much more in his locker than Scholes ever did.

Guy a genious? Don't make me laugh, he was nothin more than a ball spreader who can't tackle for shit

BibbyBlue85 said:
Ticket For Schalke said:

Bollox!

Silva has much more in his locker than Scholes ever did.

Guy a genious? Don't make me laugh, he was nothin more than a ball spreader who can't tackle for shit

Not once did i bring Silva into my arguement, my arguement was more to do with Scholes as a footballer, anyway i'd be made up of Silva wins half as much as Scholes did for them.

Premier League (10): 1995–96, 1996–97, 1998–99, 1999–2000, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2010–11
FA Cup (3): 1995–96, 1998–99, 2003–04
Football League Cup (2): 2008–09, 2009–10
FA Community Shield (5): 1996, 1997, 2003, 2008, 2010
UEFA Champions League (2): 1998–99, 2007–08
Intercontinental Cup (1): 1999
FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2008

Ball spreader, comon mate, now if you would of called Carrick that, i would of agreed entirely.

Silva still has the rest of his career ahead of him so it's not the best argument to go on about...

I never watched a whole lot of Scholes in his prime but it's clear he was a great footballer (and held in high-esteem by some big names), but to say he's the best of his generation, one which includes the likes of Zidane and Ronaldo, not too sure about that.

Silva does have more skill than Scholes but so far lacks the same scoring rate. Obviously though he has plenty of time to rectify that. Scholes was a world class player though and anyone who doesn't see that clearly has either blue goggles on or an embarrassingly low level of knowledge.
When Silva retires only then can a true comparison be made.

In my opinion, Paul Scholes is a player who had a steady career for years, making him a football legend. It's really not easy to keep such a good form for so many years. Silva is still too young to be called a legend, he could (and I hope he won't) drop his form and slowly fade away. Silva and Scholes are not even the same type of player, you can't compare them just like that.

The ginger rodent is nothing compared to Silva, the rodent is a dirty vile disgusting player who gets sent off, whilst Silva is a classy, techinically gifted player

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.