Simon Stone and Dan Roan

Once upon a time,Football journalists used to comment solely upon the game itself in an even-handed eloquent manner.
Their professional training taught them to steer clear of making snide remarks about a particular teams fans,leaving that to the ordinary man on the street ..banter if you like.why some bbc prick thinks its appropriate to turn up late for his freebie match and aim digs at the club providing his free entertainment, knowing the bbc licence fee helps pay his wages is beyond me.
Surely you can see what is wrong with his decision to highlight what he saw outside the ground,it is of little interest to any neutral fan following the game from around the world.
afuckinmen to that.

As others have said, journalism nowadays is often lazy, sensationalistic, and plainly vindictive. Stone has completely ignored the fact that many fans these days travel a long way for games and traffic problems seem to be increasing for everyone. We were later than usual on Wednesday due to roadworks on the M6 and last Sunday we didn't even get to the game at all due to our coach breaking down. Our journeys to the Etihad now take 3 hours - that's 30 mins longer than it took only a few years ago. Fans don't necessarily have a timely arrival within their control, even if leaving a bit earlier just in case.
The fact that Stone was late himself was no doubt due to the traffic problems in South Manchester but he's conveniently ignored this valid reason for many fans' late arrival in order to have another pop at City.

I remember the days when sports journalists did some research before putting out an article. Doesn't seem to happen with likes of Stone & several others. They write what they want. That's why I don't buy a daily newspaper anymore and skip any website articles by this dickhead & his scummy colleagues.

As others have said, journalism nowadays is often lazy, sensationalistic, and plainly vindictive. Stone has completely ignored the fact that many fans these days travel a long way for games and traffic problems seem to be increasing for everyone. We were later than usual on Wednesday due to roadworks on the M6 and last Sunday we didn't even get to the game at all due to our coach breaking down. Our journeys to the Etihad now take 3 hours - that's 30 mins longer than it took only a few years ago. Fans don't necessarily have a timely arrival within their control, even if leaving a bit earlier just in case.
The fact that Stone was late himself was no doubt due to the traffic problems in South Manchester but he's conveniently ignored this valid reason for many fans' late arrival in order to have another pop at City.

I remember the days when sports journalists did some research before putting out an article. Doesn't seem to happen with likes of Stone & several others. They write what they want. That's why I don't buy a daily newspaper anymore and skip any website articles by this dickhead & his scummy colleagues.

The fact he gets paid by the license fee and wasn't at the match for kick off on a match he was supposed to be reporting on is a fucking disgrace never mind the uneducated fucking snide digs. How would he have reported the match if it started with a few early goals a couple of red cards and a mass brawl in the first 5 minutes?

People doing their jobs and then struggling in traffic is acceptable, some **** getting their late when hes paid to be there is wholly on acceptable and the fat ugly **** should be sacked.

Correct approach imo Bill - ignore them and they lose impact.

The fact he gets paid by the license fee and wasn't at the match for kick off on a match he was supposed to be reporting on is a fucking disgrace never mind the uneducated fucking snide digs. How would he have reported the match if it started with a few early goals a couple of red cards and a mass brawl in the first 5 minutes?

People doing their jobs and then struggling in traffic is acceptable, some **** getting their late when hes paid to be there is wholly on acceptable and the fat ugly **** should be sacked.
Would he have to queue up to get his bag checked, then unfasten his coat and remove his hat.

I think adding the last bit was the problem.
Just as anyone else, he's entitled to get stuck in traffic occasionally; without the last snide line, there wouldn't be a word about it.

I think adding the last bit was the problem.
Just as anyone else, he's entitled to get stuck in traffic occasionally; without the last snide line, there wouldn't be a word about it.
He seems to be criticising fans for being late whilst being very late himself for possibly thre same reasons.
Clunt

Im fully aware how long they have been at it,and i am not surprised.i think its appropriate to call them out on it every single time they do it.
They are a disgrace.leave snide remarks /banter to the fans...concentrate on the game.
It doesn’t matter City fans having a go at them I’ve seen their replies on Twitter, they just twist everything to make us look worse and the lemmings lap it up...the club snapping back, well that would be different

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.