Simple Question: Do you trust our owner?

Do you trust our owner?

• Total voters
If all you care about is money, which modern clubs do, then yes.

But the club's core support is what makes it what it is. Otherwise it's just a hollow enterprise which can be divorced from its home town/city and uprooted to any corner of the globe to the highest bidder.

Too many have played devil's advocate with the club catering to bandwagoners and international fair weathers, yes they come with success but their value to the club isn't the same as the core match going support and none of us should pretend otherwise. The core support's value to the club can't just be measured in a pound note.

We've lost a lot of that character with the ticket price rises as is anyway, Stockholm Syndrome at this point for a lot of blues. Need to get a grip.

I saw a post doing the rounds of Indonesian Liverpool fans mocking Scouse Liverpool fans protesting this "super league" outside Anfield. Says it all. Those are the people our clubs are catering to now.

Whilst I agree in some respect, the club's core support is getting older and the reality is that the owners are having to consider what comes next.

I still don't consider my homegrown credentials to be any superior to some kid in Sydney who stays up half the night to watch a City team that he simply fell in love with.

That's what I meant by their money being just as good as mine.

Whilst I agree in some respect, the club's core support is getting older and the reality is that the owners are having to consider what comes next.

I still don't consider my homegrown credentials to be any superior to some kid in Sydney who stays up half the night to watch a City team that he simply fell in love with.

That's what I meant by their money being just as good as mine.
Well you should consider your homegrown credentials as superior mate because if and when it all goes to shit you will still be supporting city whereas the kid in Sydney will have moved on!

If City exit from this in the next 48 hours yes. If we don't then no. The fundamental premise of this plan is anti-sporting. At some level the City executive should have understood that this was not going to go down well.

I am not sure that is is a defence to say it was the Spanish, Italians and Americans. If it was primarily in their interest (all the clubs apart from City have major financial problems), then don't make life easier for them.

Well you should consider your homegrown credentials as superior mate because if and when it all goes to shit you will still be supporting city whereas the kid in Sydney will have moved on!

Haha, I know what you are trying to say mate, but it sounds like there are plenty of 'homegrown' credentials who are ready to cut and run right now!!

I've got no time for that, certainly those telling City to fuck off and how strip up of titles and honours, set up another club, do me a fucking favour?

I've got moments with my old man and son that can never be replicated thanks to our owners, so I will take my chances they continue to get it right most of the time.

I genuinely believe the best way to preserve that core is for that core to remain and pass it on to the new bucks and JCL's that success invariably brings.

I know people who came to Manchester specifically because of the football clubs. My Dad grew up with legacy of the Busby Babes, Law and Charlton and came to study in Manchester from Iraq because of Manchester Utd. He was one of those weird people who would when Utd were at home watch Utd, and then when City were at home see City. So that was one thing different. he never grew up hating City and still doesn't.

Later I went to uni and there were people on my course whose sole reason for choosing Manchester was because of City.

If I was living in Madrid I'd follow Atletico or Real madrid almost certaintly, but if I was living in Delhi, I might well support City.

I do trust the Owners but require an explanation, only then can I believe we can make judgement. I hope they give something which convinces me and everyone else that they are right, but at this moment I am doubtful.
They have at this moment alienated the vast majority of our fan base, and this is understandable, but lets wait and see, I doubt that this is as final as it seems, and certainly hope so for the future of football as we know and love.

Do I trust the owners to get a return on their investment, yes. Do I trust the owners to do the best thing for Manchester City FC (actually they got rid of the FC already to make us a brand palatable for global "soccer" didn't they?) and its core support - No.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.