Simple Question: Do you trust our owner?

Do you trust our owner?

• Total voters
Disagree, the club is it's supporters with out them a club is empty, no identity.

Modern football is alienating the match going fan, very sad, the matchday fan should always come before the tv fans, always.

Not interested in the players, they come and go, they are hugely rewarded, most of them don't give a toss about the shirt, but in the last 10 years we have been incredibly lucky to have a few players, from all parts of the world, who do care, do get this club.

Football without it's true fans is devoid of emotion as we have seen during the covid crisis, without emotion, football is nothing.

Who are the true fans, though?

I'm Moss Side born and bred.

Last time I looked, the entire game underwent a complete middle class makeover, coupled with fans from every part of the globe.

Just because I was born across the road from Maine Road, doesn't make me a more entitled fan than someone who flies in twice a year from Thailand or Sydney?

This is all bollocks. My dad is 70 this year and seen enough City shit to last three lifetimes.

Like him, all my family are as passionate about City as can be, but other peoples money is just as good as ours.

Sorry mate but the club care for you in the same way that Asda care about you as a customer.

Forums are full of reactionary one-eyed people, mate. Always have been and always will be. Plenty of fans don’t want this to happen but from what I can see the sensible ones understand that City are between a rock and a hard place here.

Its definitely a double sided coin for City and the top brass will know this. On the plus side it cements the club into the “elite” forever and ensures a return on Mansour’s investment. On the flip side it evens up the transfer market for our competitors.

Theres a lot to play out here yet.
I think most are missing that about the return on the investment. Too quick to walk away, whilst at the same time indulging in KDB and his latest huge contract, full of glee at how he's sending his career here like those before him.
I wonder if they think Mansour was doing it for shits and giggles? Or, as it now seems, if one day his investment would provide a return.

Either way, that success has happened. More will come, and as you say we will become instilled in the elite. That would have been the aim all along. And of course the club will remain. Our club.

Who are the true fans, though?

I'm Moss Side born and bred.

Last time I looked, the entire game underwent a complete middle class makeover, coupled with fans from every part of the globe.

Just because I was born across the road from Maine Road, doesn't make me a more entitled fan than someone who flies in twice a year from Thailand or Sydney?

This is all bollocks. My dad is 70 this year and seen enough City shit to last three lifetimes.

Like him, all my family are as passionate about City as can be, but other peoples money is just as good as ours.
The working local fan in the main can no longer afford to attend, shameful, the days of following a club home and away, no longer viable for the majority, shameful.

Everyday fans kicked out of their seats to accommodate corporate idiots, shameful.

I have supported this club for 50 years but the news last night has sickened me, I thought the owner and senior exec of this club actually did get this club, did understand the clubs identity, by the look of it. I and many have been right royally had over!

Yes, I trust our owner.

Does anyone know if our owner is in favor of this new superleague, or if he's hedging bets? - should the league go into effect he'd certainly want our club to be a participant.
Not so long ago they allegedly stated that they were against the idea, so something has happened.

The working local fan in the main can no longer afford to attend, shameful, the days of following a club home and away, no longer viable for the majority, shameful.

Everyday fans kicked out of their seats to accommodate corporate idiots, shameful.

I have supported this club for 50 years but the news last night has sickened me, I thought the owner and senior exec of this club actually did get this club, did understand the clubs identity, by the look of it. I and many have been right royally had over!

They haven't been able to attend in those numbers for two decades mate, yet some City fans are suddenly wanting to hold our owners to account for it.

It's a generational shift. Kids have different things to spend their money on and society is getting lazier.

Much as we don't like to accept it, City have just as many tourists as locals these days, I see it every match.

There has been nothing stopping people going to support Alty or Stockport, if it is actual football they crave, rather than allegiance?

Sounds like they will be getting a few more through the gate judging by this forum?

They haven't been able to attend in those numbers for two decades mate, yet some City fans are suddenly wanting to hold our owners to account for it.

It's a generational shift. Kids have different things to spend their money on and society is getting lazier.

Much as we don't like to accept it, City have just as many tourists as locals these days, I see it every match.

There has been nothing stopping people going to support Alty or Stockport, if it is actual football they crave, rather than allegiance?

Sounds like they will be getting a few more through the gate judging by this forum?
There are 1000s of kids / adults that do want to go, they simply can't afford the outrageous costs involved.

Football has lost the plot, has done for a long time, yesterday was another nail in the coffin.

That's been the case for over 40 years according to some people who think nothing of spending £40 a week on cancer sticks and the same, or more on liver rot.

Ever since the Premier league was formed , year on year the game has become entertainment for middle/upper class "customers" , workiing class/blue collar supporters have been priced out , all top Premier league clubs want affluent supporters , they spend more on food,beverages in the club shop and more. Why all of a sudden people are kicking off about the Super league is a mystery to me , the writing has been on the wall for twenty odd years. But yes i do trust our owners , over a billion quid has been invested , why wouldnt we ?

but other peoples money is just as good as ours

If all you care about is money, which modern clubs do, then yes.

But the club's core support is what makes it what it is. Otherwise it's just a hollow enterprise which can be divorced from its home town/city and uprooted to any corner of the globe to the highest bidder.

Too many have played devil's advocate with the club catering to bandwagoners and international fair weathers, yes they come with success but their value to the club isn't the same as the core match going support and none of us should pretend otherwise. The core support's value to the club can't just be measured in a pound note.

We've lost a lot of that character with the ticket price rises as is anyway, Stockholm Syndrome at this point for a lot of blues. Need to get a grip.

I saw a post doing the rounds of Indonesian Liverpool fans mocking Scouse Liverpool fans protesting this "super league" outside Anfield. Says it all. Those are the people our clubs are catering to now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.