Sir Billy Connolly

I'm serious jimbo,i love a bit of the Simon,i'm recording America's Got Talent as we speak to watch later
Well, there’s your answer...no taste in men, and can’t spot a real entertainer from a mile away!

Cowell strikes me as a smug cvnt with a punchable face, who knows how it all works...make $100M, donate a couple, everyone happy.

SIR Billy has done the business for decades, and in later years done some wonderful documentary work, while always being an upbeat and approachable, well-loved human being...all while dealing with a miserable illness.

Sign me up for Team Billy. Cowell can buy his own knighthood in a few more years when he fucks off the telly!

A talented man who combined comedy with banjo playing and hanging out the back of Pamela Stephenson.

The latest BBC documentary on him is with a watch if you haven't seen it yet.

In amongst all the crap last night I found an absolute treasure. ‘It’s been a pleasure’ a documentary of his career presented by Sir Billy himself, looking like Gandalf the White, sitting in his Florida home. It was beautifully made and well worth a watch. Genius gets applied far too often but in his case it’s correct. No script, no prep, but the ability to stand up and be funny for three hours whilst holding an audience to near hysteria. People literally gasping for air they were laughing so much. Highly recommended. It was on STV but shown in England earlier this week. You should get it on catchup.

edit. Check out his ‘incontinence knickers’ sketch. I had forgotten how funny that was.

Last edited:
In amongst all the crap last night I found an absolute treasure. ‘It’s been a pleasure’ a documentary of his career presented by Sir Billy himself, looking like Gandalf the White, sitting in his Florida home. It was beautifully made and well worth a watch. Genius gets applied far too often but in his case it’s correct. No script, no prep, but the ability to stand up and be funny for three hours whilst holding an audience to near hysteria. People literally gasping for air they were laughing so much. Highly recommended. It was on STV but shown in England earlier this week. You should get it on catchup.
Was looking forward to it but for some reason we got Skyfall in the Borders. Will catch up. Did watch the Edinburgh Hogmanay films with the drones though .Superb.

Was looking forward to it but for some reason we got Skyfall in the Borders. Will catch up. Did watch the Edinburgh Hogmanay films with the drones though .Superb.
That was unbelievable. Not much makes my jaw drop these days but that did. For anyone interested its On YouTube under Edinburgh Hogmanay 2020, three films lasting just 5 minutes each. It was produced by the company that runs Edinburgh Hogmanay.

edit. Check out his ‘incontinence knickers’ sketch. I had forgotten how funny that was.
The whole audience with is on YouTube.

Why does he get a title when someone like simon cowell doesn't? both provided entertainment for decades and both do loads of charity work and both are rich
One is a comedy genius from my home town, the other is a guy with highwaist trousers and a plastic face. :) happy New Year Kaz.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.