Sir Chris Hoy reveals cancer diagnosis

What a wank fucking day. Woke up this morning to news my wife’s cousin who’s 43, married with 3 kids died overnight. We were with him last weekend and seemed to be doing ok but felt ill on Sunday and died last night. Only found out today he’d had testicular cancer this year but was doing ok after treatment and was expected to recover.

Then just seen the 10 o clock news on itv about Hoy and that’s battered me. Life’s fucking cruel at times.
Life sucks mate. My aunt’s husband’s uncle (great uncle in law?) just passed away yesterday of cancer. He was 90 and had a good innings to be fair but I’m gutted. A very funny man, and somehow a friend of Hollywood legend James Stewart. RIP uncle Eric

We've got a live one! There is no cure mate it doesnt work like that all cancers are different. You knew that though, youre just hoping for a reaction from covid deniers probably
A weird reply for sure. Although a part of me says...yeah...release it!!

From personal experience cancer only thrives because it blocks the body from seeing it. My treatment, I have the bastard stuff on the liver, lungs and chest area which is a far cry from the mole I had removed that was cancerous, removes the cancer inhibitors and lets the body attack it. Cue lots of internal fights going on and an immune system that is really fucked. Also cue loads of problems because of this.

It sounds like, and this is only reading what he said and a bit between the lines, he had prostrate cancer, treatment was attempted, and now, like me, it's spread. Cue the extra treatment. In my case, immunotherapy...too many areas for any other treatment to work, in his case...? Maybe the same, I hope the same because it works really well if you are fit in the first place. (for those that know me my Doctor told me I was!!) It also lets the body attack all the cancer.

So a terminal diagnosis, although a shock when first told, might not mean terminal. Well it probably does but not in the shock and awe of the word but rather maybe a few years down the line. In the meantime I've had holidays, been to concerts, been drunk and apart from giving up work led a sort of normal life.

Sure I get tired, it washes over you sometimes, but I've progressed from hospital visits for infusions/ illness every week to once a month infusion at home from a lovely nurse, a monthly blood check, phone call and no hospital at all in 12 months apart from scans. The cancer has even shrunk in some areas. We are talking millimetres though!

If he's gone down this route then his quality of life will be very good. Obviously we don't know how far down the road he is or what his treatment is but he comes across as a fighter. The main problem is the prostrate word. If that's not been sorted out first, if he wasn't in remission for that before it spread, then that's a fucking hard version to shift.

Still, he says he's on treatment..."You remind yourself, aren't I lucky that there is medicine I can take that will fend this off for as long as possible."...so finger crossed he can fight the bastard stuff.

Awful.
Was probably one of the fittest men on the planet for a time and more than likely has looked after himself for most of his life.
Release the cure for this and stop conning us all for the benefit of the pharmaceutical corporations.
Thick as fuck. And using Chris Hoy's sad news as an excuse to propagate your nonsense. Beggars belief.

A weird reply for sure. Although a part of me says...yeah...release it!!

From personal experience cancer only thrives because it blocks the body from seeing it. My treatment, I have the bastard stuff on the liver, lungs and chest area which is a far cry from the mole I had removed that was cancerous, removes the cancer inhibitors and lets the body attack it. Cue lots of internal fights going on and an immune system that is really fucked. Also cue loads of problems because of this.

It sounds like, and this is only reading what he said and a bit between the lines, he had prostrate cancer, treatment was attempted, and now, like me, it's spread. Cue the extra treatment. In my case, immunotherapy...too many areas for any other treatment to work, in his case...? Maybe the same, I hope the same because it works really well if you are fit in the first place. (for those that know me my Doctor told me I was!!) It also lets the body attack all the cancer.

So a terminal diagnosis, although a shock when first told, might not mean terminal. Well it probably does but not in the shock and awe of the word but rather maybe a few years down the line. In the meantime I've had holidays, been to concerts, been drunk and apart from giving up work led a sort of normal life.

Sure I get tired, it washes over you sometimes, but I've progressed from hospital visits for infusions/ illness every week to once a month infusion at home from a lovely nurse, a monthly blood check, phone call and no hospital at all in 12 months apart from scans. The cancer has even shrunk in some areas. We are talking millimetres though!

If he's gone down this route then his quality of life will be very good. Obviously we don't know how far down the road he is or what his treatment is but he comes across as a fighter. The main problem is the prostrate word. If that's not been sorted out first, if he wasn't in remission for that before it spread, then that's a fucking hard version to shift.

Still, he says he's on treatment..."You remind yourself, aren't I lucky that there is medicine I can take that will fend this off for as long as possible."...so finger crossed he can fight the bastard stuff.
Top man, love this post. Thanks for sharing that and keep on rocking on mate.

And it sets a reminder for us blokes...doctors, fuck 'em...I'll be alright after a few pain killers...

A weird lump somewhere? Get it checked.
An internal pain? Get it checked.
Blood in your shit? Get it checked.
Skin or mole decolourisation? Get it checked.

The earlier you see someone the easier it is to sort out. I've lost a good mate recently because he didn't tell anyone about stomach pains. I have another mate going through the procedure because he did the same. I doubt he'll make it either as he's lost a load of weight and is in pain. All the time. Both cancer.

It's not big or clever to ignore it.

Horrible news, especially considering he's known for a year already.

I was going to say that terminal doesn't mean terminal...i was diagnosed with terminal cancer 2 years ago and given 6 months to live but with the joys of immunotherapy I'm still here and I'm determined to see it off and prove them wrong...but it sounds like his treatment for the original prostrate cancer hasn't work and has spread all over the place.

Always comes across as a nice bloke.

He's tackled this like he's lived his life by the sounds of it. With dignity.

Awful news.
That's good to hear @BimboBob really hope you smash it mate. Gutted to hear the news of Sir Chris Hoy.

And it sets a reminder for us blokes...doctors, fuck 'em...I'll be alright after a few pain killers...

A weird lump somewhere? Get it checked.
An internal pain? Get it checked.
Blood in your shit? Get it checked.
Skin or mole decolourisation? Get it checked.

The earlier you see someone the easier it is to sort out. I've lost a good mate recently because he didn't tell anyone about stomach pains. I have another mate going through the procedure because he did the same. I doubt he'll make it either as he's lost a load of weight and is in pain. All the time. Both cancer.

It's not big or clever to ignore it.
what is said above is so true and could save lives, never be to proud to speak to somebody and seek medical advice guys.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.