Sir Michael Parkinson dies aged 88

David Bowie doing an impression of Mick Jagger on his show was a favourite moment of mine. At times though, I found his line of questioning to people like Helen Mirren and Angie Dickenson (the 'fart in a spacesuit' show) downright sexist and unbecoming. More good shows than bad ones for sure.

That clip was more about Sir Les, but, that was Parky's forte. He actually let his guests speak without interruption or banality, or my pet hate..... asks a question, but also gives an answer.... Chris wanker Evans, take note

Harsh on Norton. He gets all sorts of stories out of his guests, a skill no doubt gleaned from earlier greats like Wogan and Parky.

I agree, I'm not sure whether it's Norton himself or the whole set up but he is pretty good at getting his guests to engage and show a little bit of themselves. You get the impression that most celebrities hate doing the promotional circuit but a number of them comment how enjoyable his show is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.