Sir Michael Parkinson dies aged 88

Saw and heard him being very rude to his wife infront of everyone at Heathrow Airport about 20 years ago. Kind of overrides every other impression of him sadly.

Saw and heard him being very rude to his wife infront of everyone at Heathrow Airport about 20 years ago. Kind of overrides every other impression of him sadly.
Was he married to Jade Goody?

Always thought he was fantastic. Really sad news rest in peace Parky - you absolute legend.

Just watched it myself. I know he was laughing but I always got the impression that he wasn't too happy about that one!

I'm too young to remember the classic interviews and as such I was never too keen on him which is probably a harsh take. Fact is that he always got the biggest names on his show. RIP
He wasn't always my cup of tea as I got older but I respected him and had fond memories of being allowed to stay up to watch Match of the Day and Parkinson.

Last edited:
I was stood by him in at a bar in Buxton about 10 years ago, David Cameron was on the news on the TV. He turned to me and said "Have you ever seen a bigger ****". Fantastic.

Brilliant. Top man. Parky that was.

As some have posted was part of my childhood his Saturday night shows,was recently watching a couple of his interviews someone has already posted the Ali Freddie Starr one and one with Robin Williams..R.I.P Parky ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.