Sjoke throw-ins next week - any ideas how to sort them?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
spacecadet said:
I would put 3 or 4 City players on the halfway line so that they have to bring more people out the box. Any ideas?

My brother-in-law, who is the biggest football purist I know, believes you should have 5 or 6 players on the halfway line for throw-ins when you play Stoke.

I can see the merits with that argument especially with Joe (as oppose to Given) as a decisive keeper and a less congested box would greatly increase the odds of turning a throw-in into a counter attacking opportunity. I don't, however, think that the FA Cup final is the best stage to undertake previously untried tactical theories!!

wouldnt agree with 5 or six, formation for a delap special should be 6-1-2 with the 2 up towards the half way line and the one in the middle,they would have to have at least 5 for cover leaving only 4 upfront

MikeF said:
blue dallas said:
no way is wembley smaller than stokes pitch

I seem to recall that the commentator for their semi-final was saying how their throw-ins weren't having the same effect as at home as the Wembley pitch was much bigger

Its not MUCH bigger, its 2.5 yards from each touchline, that's bugger all, people talk like its another 50 yards from the side of the pitch.

I'm not worried. You've got to believe! Fuck Stoke. Let's let them worry about us...

They're fucking thugs just watching them. How the fuck they can get away with this is unbeleivable. The sad thing is that sort of football is mistaken as "passionate" and gets applauded. If your not worried about this match you should be because City don't play physical teams well at all.

clear our lines properly, leave a man out of the box to stop the clearing header coming straight back. most important play down the middle, we are stong there and they can't win throw ins from there.all they do is play it out wide, they forget any ambition they just kick it against peoples body to go out for the throw.

we are manchester city, they have a lot more to worry about than fucking throw ins.

Well if our players can't turn up to a cup final and put in 100% they all deserve to be shot.

Have some confidence in the likes of kompany, zabaleta, de jong, silva, etc. For every shawcross there's a vinny. For every huth there's a lescott and so on. If we turn up and don't choke, we will win it. But we need to believe! If we haven't got any confidence how can we expect the players to? We beat them horrible twats in the semi and they are slightly better than Stoke.

Don't get me wrong we will inevitably have to deal with some form of aerial bombardment but we have to have faith in the boys that we can weather the storm. Just hope that if balotelli starts he doesn't lose his head after a bad tackle by one of their players. I'm pretty confident that Tony pulls will be telling his midfield and defence to rough him up.

Well I wasn't worried until I saw Kompany completley out muscled and out jumped by Everton and Stoke have taller stronger players.

Fuck me. I can't believe somebody is concerned about kompanys aerial ability after 1 average performance. The guy is immense in the air. If he can't deal with Stoke then no defence can.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.