Skrtel

20 million for a centre-back that's going to play second fiddle? No thanks, up to £12 million would be a good deal though

Didsbury Dave said:
One of the best centre halves in the league, in a position where we are weak beyond the main two. This could be a good move if it's true.

Great move,a no nonsense,proven centre half who is entering his prime and who will challenge Lescott.

Liverpool have already inquired about Howedes so they could be preparing to lose Skrtel.

We all know about swap deals and how rare they are but if Liverpool's interest in Johnson is genuine and we are willing to let him go, couldn't we work him into the deal?

Yes I'm back, the LFC fan.

I am disappointed about these Skrtel rumours. He was clearly our best player last season and you never want to lose your best players.

I think he would definately oust Lescott in your team and the good think about Skrtel is he rarely gets injured.

He is good on the ball, good in the air and is mobile for a big guy.

I think only Kompany was better than Skrtel last season in the league. Having said all that I'd rather we lost Skrtel than Agger, as you can't find many centre halfs as good on the ball as Agger is and when Agger is fit we are usually a much better team!

I feel like I've entered an alternate reality - £20m for Skrtel is good business, are you insane???? This price has got to be a wind-up..............

If he was home-grown or English then maybe, just maybe, that would be OK. Cahill (Ok, last year of his contract) was only £7m and I rate him above that thug. There has got to be any number of CBs we could get for £10-12m that would be as good or better than Skrtel if we look abroad.

bluemoondays said:
I feel like I've entered an alternate reality - £20m for Skrtel is good business, are you insane???? This price has got to be a wind-up..............

If he was home-grown or English then maybe, just maybe, that would be OK. Cahill (Ok, last year of his contract) was only £7m and I rate him above that thug. There has got to be any number of CBs we could get for £10-12m that would be as good or better than Skrtel if we look abroad.

Thats Liverpool spin. I would think half the much would get him. They are used to be taken to the cleaners for Downing, and Carrol.

Can he fillin at LB or RB? I think Koloarov might go, so that might help our depth since Zaba can play either left or right so it would easy to have him fillin with help of another.

okstate99 said:
Thats Liverpool spin. I would think half the much would get him.

Can he fillin at LB or RB? I think Koloarov might go, so that might help our depth since Zaba can play either left or right so it would easy to have him fillin with help of another.

We wouldn't sell him for less than £20 million, actually I think we will be looking for what you paid for Lescott at minimum, as he is better than him or just as good at worst.

No he can't play right or left back. He is very much a centre back. We played him at right back once vs Boro, it didn't work out well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.