skrtels goal, offside?

kinkysleftpeg said:
Just a bullet header the point should be why was Kolorov marking him???

Absolutely ......

although maybe a better question is why Kolarov didn't get to the ball FIRST ??

talkativesprout said:
And Rodders free kick was not a free kick and the grass was too green and the ball was too round.

We got handed our arses on a silver platter by a very good pool performance helped along by a woeful display of passing by the blues. We got lucky guys lets move on eh!

Before I saw the highlights on the OS I had decided that Marriner had buggered us up again, but having seen it, Rodders goes to ground with both hands in 'Praise Be' mode. Never gonna get away with hands up blocks like that.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
talkativesprout said:
And Rodders free kick was not a free kick and the grass was too green and the ball was too round.

We got handed our arses on a silver platter by a very good pool performance helped along by a woeful display of passing by the blues. We got lucky guys lets move on eh!

Before I saw the highlights on the OS I had decided that Marriner had buggered us up again, but having seen it, Rodders goes to ground with both hands in 'Praise Be' mode. Never gonna get away with hands up blocks like that.

rodders.jpg

This is after the ball hits his knee and changes direction towards his body, he is to my mind tucking his hands in to avoid handling it.

Like i said earlier though we got lucky yesterday.

Feed-The-Goat said:
If Hart were to have stopped the header and it bounced back out then yeah he would have an advantage, but the linesman then would have flagged for offside, or well hopefully he would in that situation.

The only time he would have been active in that situation is if Hart were to have saved it, or the ball went near him and he looked to have played it.

The offside rule is wank though, that's a certainty.

As a ref, I would say the goal is legitimate and your reasoning is the soundest. In the case where Borini is in an offside position, the keeper is expected to ignore the possible threat of this player and focus solely on the player or players who can score from an onside position (Skrtel in this case). Had Skrtel's ball rebounded and Borini played it or the ball hit Borini on the way in than it would have been offside. The poster who mentioned he wasn't offside initially is also correct as the ball is on the goal line which means all players are onside initially.

From wikipedia on the Corner Kick:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corner_kick

Procedure
When taking a corner kick, the football is initially placed so that some piece of the ball touches the corner arc closest to where the ball went out of play. The corner arc is located at the intersection of the goalline and touchline and has a radius of one yard. All defending players must be at least ten yards (9.15 metres) from the ball until the corner kick is taken. A corner kick is taken as soon as it is kicked and moves.

The attacking side may score directly from a corner kick, though this is uncommon.

The first player to touch the ball directly from a corner kick delivery cannot be penalised for offside.

talkativesprout said:
talkativesprout said:

rodders.jpg

This is after the ball hits his knee and changes direction towards his body, he is to my mind tucking his hands in to avoid handling it.

Bad call. The fact that he goes to ground 'Praise Be' mode as you say is irrelevant after the ball hits his leg first. There is no attempt to "handle" the ball in this case. Had it hit his hand directly, then yes it would have been a free kick as his hands aren't in a natural position and are making his body bigger for the attempted block.

talkativesprout said:
talkativesprout said:

rodders.jpg

We DID get lucky ..

you rarely see a reckless backpass like the one that Skrtel made , and it didn't look like we were gonna score any other way after going 2-1 down .......

but Liverpool also got lucky too .... that was never a free kick for their second goal , the ball took a richocet uncontrollably off Rodwells knee onto his arms as he slid on the floor .... it was a ridiculous decision .... no way could that possibly have been intentional.

fathellensbellend said:
Skashion said:
fathellensbellend said:
its not a moan, its a genuine question, that some on here were happy to mock but in truth are not as clever as they first thought they were.
I wasn't mocking you. I was embarrassed for you. From what you said in the OP I was right to interpret what you said as arguing Borini was offside when Gerrard took it. Borini was not in front of Hart when Skrtel headed it. You weren't clear in your OP and you're still making an extremely tenuous argument now. The goal was perfectly fine.

i falsely presumed the people would have the knowledge to realise offside could only occur when the ball went forward, i didnt realise i was dealing with idiots. cut to the chase was borini potentially active when skrtel headed it, or seeking to gain an advantage, you couldnt 100% say no to either of those points, so there is definately a chance that the flag could have been raised, and i agree it is slightly clutching at straws, and thats why the title had a question mark against it.
Ha ha I can't believe you had to explain you meant after skirtel headed it back towards goal.
I knew you didn't mean offside direct from the corner, that is surely fucking obvious if you have an understanding of the game.
I haven't watched it again so can't comment but fair play for clocking it mate,just can't believe you had to spell and pronounce the fucking obvious to some of our fans. Ha ha !!
GOOD LUCK

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.