Sky/BT Sports package on Sky

Sky and BT etc should be pausing Sports packages without the need for the customers to call surely?

I cancelled BT sport (giving 30 days notice) the day before all football got cancelled, my intention was to have BT sport via my Sky package (all in one bill, and slightly cheaper) then other live stuff got cancelled a few days afterwards. I haven't had any of the BT channels on since.

BT sent me a cancellation notice confirming and then a bill for the final month, I didn't have a direct debit set up with BT so I've going to refuse to pay for the last month and I've had no content to watch. Be interesting if they argue with me.

Edit: I've just paused Sky Sports as well, which will save a few quid, it's about time Sky did this, however I'd not have known this service was available as soon as I do (thanks to the blues on this thread) Sky hadn't bothered to let me know.

Last edited:
I called them today to pause the sports channel and to renegotiate my sky package as it's due to run out. Due to personal circumstances in my home, I have the full monty and Sky want £79 per month for everything. That doesn't include internet or phone, just Sky tv, I gave him the usual, I'm a valued customer, loyal, 20 odd years. I still didn't get anymore discounts. So I said I'd think about it. I'm thinking about just packing it all in, it's just so expensive now.

I called them today to pause the sports channel and to renegotiate my sky package as it's due to run out. Due to personal circumstances in my home, I have the full monty and Sky want £79 per month for everything. That doesn't include internet or phone, just Sky tv, I gave him the usual, I'm a valued customer, loyal, 20 odd years. I still didn't get anymore discounts. So I said I'd think about it. I'm thinking about just packing it all in, it's just so expensive now.
You may need to schedule a cancellation to get a deal. That said I re-contracted a week or two ago for £13.60 for Entertainment, I was already on £3 for UoD until next March(?) and with the price increase I'm on HD for £2 until November. I was happy enough to pay £27 for broadband & Weekend calls as it was one quick call with no need to cancel. No 'admin fees' either.

I've tried pausing my Skysports online but it fails every time. I downloaded the MySky app to my phone and when you select pause, it simply takes you to the online account, rather than pausing from the app. Anyone know how to get round this?

I’ve just done the exact same but when the app redirected me to an online session it offered me a pause button straightaway on the first screen. I logged on first using the app before redirection, not sure if you did the same. Worked in seconds for me and I too was surprised that all the channels remain available after pausing. Kudos to Sky on that....BT next hopefully.

Bt are refusing to cancel contracts without full charges as they say they are still providing content on their channels,i have only got away without paying £160 because i did it on livechat and they fucked it up and broke their own rules,i had tohang on the phone for an hr to sort it out,scumbags @BABIT FG

Bt are refusing to cancel contracts without full charges as they say they are still providing content on their channels,i have only got away without paying £160 because i did it on livechat and they fucked it up and broke their own rules,i had tohang on the phone for an hr to sort it out,scumbags @BABIT FG
I work in a call centre and due to the projects I'm on, have frequent contact with both customers and sometimes, the agents of Sky, Virgin & BT. I would rate the CS agents of all 3 in order from Sky (way, way in the lead), Virgin (pretty useless overall), BT (actively hostile). Peoples recent experiences are just confirming this.

What are Virgin doing re. Sky Sports/BT Sports? You have to go through Virgin themselves rather than contact Sky or BT do you not?

I work in a call centre and due to the projects I'm on, have frequent contact with both customers and sometimes, the agents of Sky, Virgin & BT. I would rate the CS agents of all 3 in order from Sky (way, way in the lead), Virgin (pretty useless overall), BT (actively hostile). Peoples recent experiences are just confirming this.

What are Virgin doing re. Sky Sports/BT Sports? You have to go through Virgin themselves rather than contact Sky or BT do you not?
Rang last night as there was nothing about what they’re doing. Rang to cancel sky sports, but got Sky Sports for free for 3 months, they were brilliant tbf. Long hold to get through understandably but sorted now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.