Sky offer

Horse for courses. Just moved house from a VM area and had a 350mb package. My Sons an avid gamer and I use IPTV, we had constant issues with VM and our area wasn't over-subscribed.
I'm now using Sky with a much lower package, get just over 50mb. However for gaming and streaming it's amazing.

Yeh, there was an issue with gaming due to latency and dropped packets. That has all been sorted now with recent a firmware update.
However, i still believe BT/Sky has even lower latency and is better for gamers regardless. Our house is mainly streaming (IPTV/You Tube/Sky Q), so not much of an issue to us anyway.
So like you say "Horses for courses"...

I have finally succumbed and joined the Sky crowd
I'm with Talktalk at the moment and have been for 10yrs
I have had 2 problems in that time,and both times it was the line outside
I pay £30pm just for broadband and the phone line,which is never used

I have jumped for the offer plus broadband
The new price is £67
So for £37pm I have the lot
Can't believe it worked out so well
Just need BT on the cheap now

OP thanks for highlighting this offer

Living here in Sheep’s arse I have no option for Virgin so it’s Sky all the way for me.

Never had a problem to be fair and they renew my discounts without batting an eyelid every 18 months.

How useful is Sky Q if you don't have sky Broadband and what benefits does it offer over an HD box?

Something is going on. Maybe the Comcast buy out? I'm on a superb deal. Sky Q with every channel they do, boxsets/UHD plus two mini box's.
Reduced to £49 last year. So i was about to phone up a couple of months a go to sort out a new deal. I knew i wouldn't get as good deal, but was hoping for something good.
Out of the blue a letter arrived from Sky saying my contract was up, but i could stay on the same deal/package for another 12 months!

Same happened to me, just about to finish my 18 month contract and looking for an equivalent when a letter came, same deal same price for another 18 months. Pretty much unheard off. Something definitely happening and should, hopefully, be good news for Virgin customers too as they will propably have to match Sky.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.