Sky offer

Yeh, there was an issue with gaming due to latency and dropped packets. That has all been sorted now with recent a firmware update.
However, i still believe BT/Sky has even lower latency and is better for gamers regardless. Our house is mainly streaming (IPTV/You Tube/Sky Q), so not much of an issue to us anyway.
So like you say "Horses for courses"...

If you are experiencing poor latency or speed issues go to settings and set it for 5 instead of 2.4 The difference to our set up is phenomenal and we are now achieving 58 mb sec.You can set the further away rooms @2.4 but set nearer rooms to 5.

Last edited:
How useful is Sky Q if you don't have sky Broadband and what benefits does it offer over an HD box?
I have BT Wi-fi and Sky Q. Works fine with that. It’s better than the older system, but not a quantum leap. Being able to watch in one room, then getting kicked to another room and picking up where you left off is great. As is being able to watch on a tablet. You can also get Q mini boxes. You pay one off for each box, and a monthly multi room charge, but not per box in the old way. There’s also fewer wires as the min boxes are Wi-fi based, not wired.

Last edited:
Currently £73pm for this package: TV (Full House).....Phone (Unlimited Anytime Calls)......Broadband (VIVID 350)

To be honest when you've got the speed you only need the basic package TV because you can stream everything else ;-)

We have been with Sky for 10 years maybe more and get the sky fibre for £19 a month and stream everything else, we don't even plug a phone in the phone line. Had an email last week telling me they are upgrading all SKY customers to fibre max for no cost.

We have been with Sky for 10 years maybe more and get the sky fibre for £19 a month and stream everything else, we don't even plug a phone in the phone line. Had an email last week telling me they are upgrading all SKY customers to fibre max for no cost.
I had that deal on sky fibre. When I phoned up for this tv deal she went through my whole package and reduced my sky fibre to £8.01 per month as well.

Currently paying £23/month with BT, and until recently it was £21/month. Unlimited download, fibre optic broadband, includes phone line rental, basic TV package but comes with free BT sports and some HD channels.
The broadband is excellent so all that Sky can offer can be picked up trough Kodi. This BT deal ends at the end of this season, perfect time to negotiate another cracking deal.

Sky rang me a while back to inform me of "small"£2 per month rise. Some smarmy **** tried to soften the blow by telling me MUTV had been added to my channel list. As i was out of contract I politely told him to shove it up his arse and cut me off there and then. Never had any more 'sky offer's since.

One way of getting rid of the mithering cunts I suppose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.