Sky Sports....

I’m just out of contract and my Sky as shot up to an eye watering £123 from half that for all sky channels plus sky sport plus HD plus Broadband and talk. I pay BT £30 for BT sport.
im not prepared to pay anything like that. Im not bothered about any of the sky channels other than the sport and am now tempted to go down the BT route for their ‘big sport‘ package which is around £70 inc BB and phone and £20 for the first 3 months.
Any better packages I should be considering?

If you take broadband from Plusnet you can get the bt sport app for £10 pm

Further to my previous, I rang up to negotiate a new deal for the Sky network today. I was negotiating for a full package, not just the Sky Sport, so here's how it panned out. After a while I connected through to an operative who gave me another number to ring for retention's. Most times I can hammer a deal out before they cut me off, except for that dreadful affair eighteen month back when our contract went down for real. However within a week they rang back, reconnecting the auntie with a fabulous deal to end all deals and that was £54 for everything including UHD and multi room but excluding broadband. Hoozah hoozah!

This time I was expecting the same myther so thought I would play a game of hearts and minds as we'd introduced immensely by exchanging pleasantries of the day. I found out he was a football fan, so whatever we have in our armory we must use it to our full advantage. For 25 minutes we chatted shit about our trip to their place in Glasgow and our extended ale session in Walkabout, where it transpired that he too was drinking. Then we chatted about his trip to our place and how he made it onto TV aka you-tube and in his own words had " a pure brilliant time"

Here is my Sky agent for your perusal...tall lad on the left with a scarf and van dyke.

After we chatted a little more about his European away day in Romania, it was time to get down to some serious business. He said that we had been members of Sky for 18 months, but I said his records were not accurate as we had to be disconnected a few times owing to a reluctance for Sky to do a deal. In-essence we had been with them since their inception many many decades ago. The hard work had been done and so he just came out with his tip top price without even bothering to negotiate.

He offered everything with multi-room and UHD but for less than we were currently paying. The price was to be £53.50 a month on an 18 month contract, which in my opinion was beyond the wicked. Anyway after we had gone through the obligatory terms and conditions he said he had made a small typo. It was actually going to be £55.50 a month, however he would refund the difference by making January's bill £36 pound cheaper so it would equate to £53.50 for the duration.

In addition thanks to this lad for his heads up regarding our request for another multi-room box. You don't need one if you have an X box as using the sky app it all works just fine. It's not all about money as he could have hit us for £99 for a product we did not need. I salute your indefatigably and attention to detail and you are an absolute credit to your company.

Thank you for the great customer service .. this song's for you as today you were an absolute Star!

Last edited:
Just seen my first sky xmas footie advert.....Tyler wanking (proverbially) over St.Marcus scoring and half a dozen kids in raggy shirts.

Play to your audience.

Just received an email with the breakdown.

Sky Signature: £17.00

Sky Kids: £1.00

Sky Sports - Complete Pack: £16.00

Sky Cinema: £7.00

Sky Sports HD: £2.00

Sky HD: £4.00

Multiscreen: £8.50

Ultra HD: Free

Just received an email with the breakdown.

Sky Signature: £17.00

Sky Kids: £1.00

Sky Sports - Complete Pack: £16.00

Sky Cinema: £7.00

Sky Sports HD: £2.00

Sky HD: £4.00

Multiscreen: £8.50

Ultra HD: Free
I'm surprised at you paying for Sky Bob. I can watch Sky and BT channels for £40 a year on IPTV, Maintained server as well. Not off some dodgy geezer down the local who is nowhere to be found when the screen blacks out two weeks after setting it up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.