Sky Sports....

I just came off the phone to sky and was getting nowhere with a discount. I asked if it would be different story on Black Friday and moaned that it's always new customers who get the deals. He asked if I'd seen any deals that he could match and gave me time to go and trawl around. I found one £20 cheaper than I was being offered and hey bingo that's what I got. They aren't alowed to offer deals but if you go with some info already then they can match it.

I just came off the phone to sky and was getting nowhere with a discount. I asked if it would be different story on Black Friday and moaned that it's always new customers who get the deals. He asked if I'd seen any deals that he could match and gave me time to go and trawl around. I found one £20 cheaper than I was being offered and hey bingo that's what I got. They aren't alowed to offer deals but if you go with some info already then they can match it.
What package did you get mate and for how much?

What package did you get mate and for how much?
Full minus movies. With UHD and multiroom and Netflix although I don't need that as I have it from elsewhere for £52. It's still alot but worth it for us as it's just so bloody easy to use. That was down from £65 and takes me back to what i was paying 2 years ago.

I’m just out of contract and my Sky as shot up to an eye watering £123 from half that for all sky channels plus sky sport plus HD plus Broadband and talk. I pay BT £30 for BT sport.
im not prepared to pay anything like that. Im not bothered about any of the sky channels other than the sport and am now tempted to go down the BT route for their ‘big sport‘ package which is around £70 inc BB and phone and £20 for the first 3 months.
Any better packages I should be considering?

I’m just out of contract and my Sky as shot up to an eye watering £123 from half that for all sky channels plus sky sport plus HD plus Broadband and talk. I pay BT £30 for BT sport.
im not prepared to pay anything like that. Im not bothered about any of the sky channels other than the sport and am now tempted to go down the BT route for their ‘big sport‘ package which is around £70 inc BB and phone and £20 for the first 3 months.
IPTV :)

Full minus movies. With UHD and multiroom and Netflix although I don't need that as I have it from elsewhere for £52. It's still alot but worth it for us as it's just so bloody easy to use. That was down from £65 and takes me back to what i was paying 2 years ago.
Similar to you, everything including multiroom and UHD but without the netflix for £56. Be happy at £60 if they throw in netflix and an extra Multibox, We are ringing up to cancel on the 1st December, so will see what retention's have to say.

Last edited:
I would be thinking a cheeky £80-£85 to Sky for absolutely everything including multiroom, UHD and their broadband. Much less if you don't need the multiroom or UHD. Give them a bell and see what they have to say, you may have to put in your cancellation to make their retention dept sit up and take notice of you. Last time we cancelled down they let it run to the wire and then switched us off. Withing a week the nice man rung back with the deal we wanted, they always do. If your not under contract with BT for their sport package then see if you can factor the BT sports in with a deal on the sky platform. We currently pay BT £13 for the BT sports package on the sky platform as they reduce it down if you have their broadband.

It's Bizzare that companies have these retention and offers teams who are expected to behave in a certain way. It puts all the emphasis on the customer to do the work, those who forget or are too busy are the ones who get ripped off, and effective subsidise the ones who are more proactive or pushier.

I renewed with virgin a couple of months ago partly because the nice lady on the phone cuts straight to the best offer and it was a tenner or so lower that my current offer. She said the package I am on no longer exists and everything is coming out more expensive, but with incomes dropping they expect a battle to retain customers so will offer me same package at a tenner less in return for signing on for 18 months with them.

There's a lot to be said with being upfront with your customers. I have neither the time or the patience to hunt around for deals every year and be offered something different by every single person I speak to.

I know, I know Mr Hinch but the Sky platform is nothing short of poetry in motion and we can actually record seven programs at once. We can not abide adverts and would sooner they changed tact by sacking them off and replacing them with a rather clever system like the BBC have. We got a nice brown envelope today asking if we will be at home on the 10th December. Why yes of course we will Mr Inspector and look forward to meeting up with you. I'm drifting so we really can't stand addies, so by having the facility to record seven programs at once we can watch afterwards and simply zip through as if they never even existed. Down here for dancing!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.