SKY to withdraw from cycling

Sky have overseen one of the most successful eras in British sport. They’ve also helped to transform the popularity of cycling in the country.

Like City, they are often accused of being cheats but it’s a case of innocent until proven guilty.

Well said

The news is going to boil some serious piss in the cycling world, they need a couple of more classics guys on the roster to have a go at quick step next year, Bernal looks a class act for the GT’s in future so wouldn’t be surprised to see Froome gone after his contract ends.

I was in a walking group yesterday and overheard a conversation involving the mother of a Sky cyclist. Some of the team are being offered to be be kept on at half their current salaries. That will be different for the Team Leaders but it made me wonder whether Team can still afford both G and Froomey.

If the story is right about an even bigger budget then I can’t see it being an issue to keep all the big names.

If the story is right about an even bigger budget then I can’t see it being an issue to keep all the big names.

I think they would find the money for the star riders like you say. G will be on a far bigger package this year anyway with his Tour success.

Hes gonna take the fall for the team being drugged to fuck. Fair play as he can afford the fines.

I think they would find the money for the star riders like you say. G will be on a far bigger package this year anyway with his Tour success.

Interesting to see how things pan out, with G especially. I suspect that last year might be his only ever GT victory, unlike the serial winner Froome.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.