Sleeping on aircraft.

I’m never quite comfortable to sleep/rest well on long haul flights. I fare better in business but even that is not ideal. In general though, I always pay more for at least economy plus on flights >4 hrs.

As for tips to help, as others mentioned sleeping pills of one kind or another can help as is getting up to stretch and get the circulation flowing

Recently I flew red eye business across Atlantic after taking an edible cannabis product- slept shortly after takeoff and awoke just before landing. No jet lag

I very rarely get more than an hours kip on long haul flights. Maybe if I'm lucky a couple of stints of 45 minutes on the red eye. I've tried various methods (getting p*ssed, melatonin, staying awake the night before), and I just can't sleep.

I think it helps if you get some interminable boring twat banging on about an incredibly dull matter sat next to you.

A few people have told me that.

I very rarely get more than an hours kip on long haul flights. Maybe if I'm lucky a couple of stints of 45 minutes on the red eye. I've tried various methods (getting p*ssed, melatonin, staying awake the night before), and I just can't sleep.
I am exactly the same, flew to goa on an overnight flight and had 8 gin and tonics pee flight then a couple of ciders on the plane and still stayed awake, landed mid day Indian time and stayed awake and was still last in the bar that night.. I have a 12 hour flight to puerto vallarta new years day so following this thread with interest as could do with at least a few hours on the plane as we land bout 2 in afternoon so got a full afternoon and evening to get through...

I have no choice. the second they pressurise the plane I start to get sleepy, im usually totally asleep before take off.
Hmmm, not really pressurized on the ground! I’d say you just sleep well on planes...lucky man!

I am exactly the same, flew to goa on an overnight flight and had 8 gin and tonics pee flight then a couple of ciders on the plane and still stayed awake, landed mid day Indian time and stayed awake and was still last in the bar that night.. I have a 12 hour flight to puerto vallarta new years day so following this thread with interest as could do with at least a few hours on the plane as we land bout 2 in afternoon so got a full afternoon and evening to get through...
Drink water, not alcohol. Eat the first meal, take some melatonin and a couple of swigs of Benadryl, and you should sleep fine. If you don’t drop off straight away, ear plugs and some reading should do the trick.
As always, try to live your day before a long flight on (at least) half the time difference between here and there. (e.g. 6 hrs between Manc & Chicago, so I...in Chicago...get up about 3 hrs earlier than normal, get some exercise & fresh air, eat on a Manc timeline, eat the offering on the flight and bed down for the night ASAP after the meal, which is when they usually dim the lights.)

On a WESTBOUND flight, do it the other way, if you can...get up about 3 hrs later, so you don’t experience a 30 hr day! Jet lag only an issue EASTBOUND!!

I’m never quite comfortable to sleep/rest well on long haul flights. I fare better in business but even that is not ideal. In general though, I always pay more for at least economy plus on flights >4 hrs.

As for tips to help, as others mentioned sleeping pills of one kind or another can help as is getting up to stretch and get the circulation flowing

Recently I flew red eye business across Atlantic after taking an edible cannabis product- slept shortly after takeoff and awoke just before landing. No jet lag

I have a big fuck off joint before departure and it doesnt help in the slightest, just makes take off more exciting.....wide awake all the way there.

Sleeping tablets is the trick on long haul. They would work short haul but you might find it more detrimental on having to wake up and get to your ongoing destination feeling the effects.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.