Slovan Bratislava (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

bb330f3020a9bb46a2c7f1449251c30f.jpegScreenshot_20241001_220408_ManCityApp.jpg

Zzzzzzzzzzz...​

Games like this won't do the Champions League any favours. There was less drama tonight than in the dead rubber games at the end of the league stage.

I'm just relieved a few of the squad got a good run out, & we came through it without any injuries. Happy McAtee got his first goal & a goal will have done Gundog a world of good after his poor showing against Newcastle.

Screenshot_20241001_220456_ManCityApp.jpg

On a final note, what the fuck was all the pass the parcel with the captains armband about? \0/

Did we learn much playing from that about Savinho and Doku as attackers on their ‘natural’ flanks? Doku certainly seemed to have the lion’s share of the ball tonight, but that could have had as much to do with Lewis.Foden linking on that side. Still fee that they both look more threatening when Doku is on the left and Savinho on the right.

It's a little worrying how little we found Haaland yet again. If we provided him some service he would have got an easy hattrick but no one was looking to him.

Happy to see what mcatee can do. Other than that, just a risk to regular starters imo. Not a fan of this new format currently
Not sure if its the new format.
I think its the increase in the number of participating teams.
Celtic won their first game but were schooled today.
Our opponents tonight, Bratislava, are just a poor team that should not be participating in a top level tournament.
Think of Eric the eel swimming in the Olympics.

Someone on there was adamant that Doku had done fuck all, to which I decided to log off till it was over. Alternative universe down there some times.

I mean I can sort of see what he may have been alluding to in an alternative universe, he took on players, beat them twice if not three times, then hit a defender 9 times out of 10, but why was he on the right and Sav on the left. Just saying

An easy win, disappointing we didn't score more. They must be the worst side we've played in a long time.

That opposition makes a complete mockery of this competition. Our women’s team would beat them.

I’ve said this from day one but I really am not having Nunes.
The women's team finishing is worse than the men's, hard as that maybe to believe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.