Slovan Bratislava (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

Where to start?
Now I'm the last person to start feeling entitled, and I loathe it when fans do, but I simply can't imagine that anyone can be fully happy with that performance or result.
Above all, that performance.
That absolutely should have been 7- or 8-0. Absolutely, and at a canter. We started quite well, lively and sharp, as if we believed we were playing a reasonably respectable mid-table PL team, and then the dismaying thing was how, as the match wore on, we started drifting down towards their level. Not at their level, of course. Because they were bad. Seriously bad. I wasn't fully aware of it in the first half. Then the number of their passes going astray, or just going out (not difficult ones, either) started to really hit me.
Our finishing was, simply, dire. And I'll say it: from about the fiftieth minute, our play from midfield started to look so stereotyped, so lacking in spark of invention or creativity. That is, I think, the thing that worries me most.
Invidious, probably, to pick out individual performances, but I'll mention two. Was pleased for Gundo's (deflected) goal, and I thought to myself, “Good, he'll kick on from that”. He didn't. He just isn't on it. Doku had a decent first half. His second half was dogshit. There's no other way of describing it. And I've defended Doku, and said I've rated him. Astonishing that Pep kept him on till the end.

I should have written that. Bravo

A bit too easy.

City need to take a bit more care in the final third.

I can understand City not going gangbusters: it’s a long season. Pep also doing a bit of experimentation. We saw again that Jack could play centrally.

Good game for Gundo to play his way into form.
Did you think he looked any better?
It’s probably me but I’m enjoying our performances less for some reason. It’s so slow. We were better when McAtee came on as he and Phil started to attack their back line. Early days I suppose.

Where to start?
Now I'm the last person to start feeling entitled, and I loathe it when fans do, but I simply can't imagine that anyone can be fully happy with that performance or result.
That absolutely should have been 7- or 8-0. Absolutely, and at a canter. We started quite well, lively and sharp, as if we believed we were playing a reasonably respectable mid-table PL team, and then the dismaying thing was how, as the match wore on, we started drifting down towards their level. Not at their level, of course. Because they were bad. Seriously bad. I wasn't fully aware of it in the first half. Then the number of their passes going astray, or just going out (not difficult ones, either) started to really hit me.
Our finishing was, simply, dire. And I'll say it: from about the fiftieth minute, our play from midfield started to look so stereotyped, so lacking in spark of invention or creativity. That is, I think, the thing that worries me most.
Invidious, probably, to pick out individual performances, but I'll mention two. Was pleased for Gundo's (deflected) goal, and I thought to myself, “Good, he'll kick on from that”. He didn't. He just isn't on it. Doku had a decent first half. His second half was dogshit. There's no other way of describing it. And I've defended Doku, and said I've rated him. Astonishing that Pep kept him on till the end.
And yet the majority of us think he was man of the match.

Not sure what to make of that performance, happy with the win but we should be scoring more against such weak opposition. Both wingers very disappointing, Doku looked sharp for 25 mins then was awful, Savinho never really involved. Rico brilliant again motm for me, Phil also lively, those were the two standout players. Nunes fluffed his lines when he had a great chance to impress, I really don't know where we go with him. Great win but we need to improve quick

It's a little worrying how little we found Haaland yet again. If we provided him some service he would have got an easy hattrick but no one was looking to him.
Had a fairly easy chance, by his standards, in the opening minutes and ought to have done better with his header, no? Takes those and he takes the match ball again.

Where to start?
Where would we get that idea?

;-)

Where to start?
I thought it was just me. No urgency or pace. Arsenal or the worst team I have ever seen us face, it doesn’t matter. We play the same against both.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.