Smallest City Away Support you've ever been in

bluemoon27 said:
Robbo. said:
bluemoon27 said:
the midweek game at Millwall when all away fans were banned we were working down there and got tickets ,2 city fans and a rag and we saw Gary Owen down there as well

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYy-Q2WANMQ[/youtube]

we were keeping our gobs shut but when Huckerby applauded the away end we started pissing ourselves,still laugh now

Was at the opposite end to where SWP scored his first ever City goal and it was so quiet we heard the net ripple.

Funniest thing was seeing a number of Blues there behind the stand but just giving a nod or a wink to say hello so they didn't have to risk being heard!

The away at Luton when fans were banned that I went to was I think, a 2-2 draw and there were 1500-2000 of us, place was going mad, proper singing/chanting, the Luton fans were as pissed off as us that no aways were meant to be allowed so they would come up to us in bars and pubs and ask if we wanted tickets, none that I saw took an extra penny for it either, fair play to them.

Still detest David fkn Pleat though.

Samsdad said:
Southend away night match think it was the full members cup,5 of us went down in a car paid in their end am sure it was a nil nil draw to,must have only been a couple of hundred there
Was going to say this game. Was on a Five year without missing a game run and had to attend, if memory serves me right there was about 75 city fans officially.

waterloo blue said:
Luton when we were banned,Redmond scored the equaliser and I jumped up and looked around and was on my own.
I got the ticket from a bloke who picked up his comp's and he wouldn't take a penny either.
BorussiaMoenchenGladbach,in the UEFA cup in 1979.
There were more squaddies than blues,I've still got the stein with the club badge on,it must be a rare one as the squaddies launched most of them at the Germans.
Chester City,mid eighties pre season friendly.
We ended up on the piss with the players in the bar under the main stand at Sealand Rd.
Pre season tour to Switzerland in the 80's,no wonder everyone sacked it off,it was so expensive.
We ended up living on tomato's and bread,and drinking shit wine,so we could afford to get in.
The best thing is I can't remember,the opposition or scores.

There were loads of City at that Luton game. Was sat on the front row behind the nets in someone's season ticket seat. Was on the telly too :)

-- Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:49 am --

waterloo blue said:
Luton when we were banned,Redmond scored the equaliser and I jumped up and looked around and was on my own.
I got the ticket from a bloke who picked up his comp's and he wouldn't take a penny either.
There were more squaddies than blues,I've still got the stein with the club badge on,it must be a rare one as the squaddies launched most of them at the Germans.
We ended up on the piss with the players in the bar under the main stand at Sealand Rd.
Pre season tour to Switzerland in the 80's,no wonder everyone sacked it off,it was so expensive.
We ended up living on tomato's and bread,and drinking shit wine,so we could afford to get in.

There were loads of City at that Luton game. Was sat on the front row behind the nets in someone's season ticket seat. Was on the telly too :)<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:49 am --<br /><br />
waterloo blue said:

There were loads of City at that Luton game. Was sat on the front row behind the nets in someone's season ticket seat. Was on the telly too :)

Definitely Timisoara. Shame as it was a brilliant trip. I reckon there was less than 100 of us there. Also Chelsea away on a Mon night, poss the 1st Sky TV season. We'd been to Norwich on the Sat (1-1 draw if memory serves?) hardly any of us there, also remember it being bloody freezing (a bobbins 0-0).

Bilboblue said:
around 800 I think at Colchester on a Friday night for English televisions first ever pay-per-view game.

Same at Macclesfield without the ppv aspect, but both games City sold out our allocation so not really sure that counts.

Oh,. a similar amount at Napoli 2 years ago! The scaremongers had a huge effect on that following.
I thought we had quite a few at Macc? I know we sold out like oyu say as I couldn't get a ticket so went in Macc's Main Stand. we must have had at least 1000 there that day or is my head on the blink again?

strongbowholic said:
Bilboblue said:
around 800 I think at Colchester on a Friday night for English televisions first ever pay-per-view game.

Same at Macclesfield without the ppv aspect, but both games City sold out our allocation so not really sure that counts.

Oh,. a similar amount at Napoli 2 years ago! The scaremongers had a huge effect on that following.
I thought we had quite a few at Macc? I know we sold out like oyu say as I couldn't get a ticket so went in Macc's Main Stand. we must have had at least 1000 there that day or is my head on the blink again?

Probably was mate but our allocation was only 800. I got my ticket through Lee Bradbury, had to pick it up from their main entrance, waled around the ground twice looking for it until I asked someone, they pointed out where it was, it looked like the entrance to a sports hall!

Bilboblue said:
strongbowholic said:
Bilboblue said:

Probably was mate but our allocation was only 800. I got my ticket through Lee Bradbury, had to pick it up from their main entrance, waled around the ground twice looking for it until I asked someone, they pointed out where it was, it looked like the entrance to a sports hall!
Ah, right, gotcha.

What a match that was - scraping a win through Goater in the 84th minute. Those were the days eh?!

Anfield five days after we lost the cup final replay against Sours. The official attendance was only 24,462 (according to MCFC Stats) and there were hardly any City fans in the ground.

1) Forest Away, Simod cup in 1989 - just after Machin was sacked, we lost 3-2. About 300 City there if that ?? We looked lost in the massive corner terrace

2) United away in 1995/1996 where there was no away fans, sat in the Stretford end, we lost 1-0 but because we didn't score, it was impossible to tell how many blues were there. I was also at both Luton's when we were banned but we had a good few 100 at each one.

3) Northampton in 1998/99, sold out but a very small allocation if I remember rightly

4) Wimbledon away in midweek, about 1992ish. David White scored the only goal. Not many of us at all, and again we had a massive (half) terrace to ourselves - I got home at about 4:00am

Shamrock Rovers v City 1992 - City won on penalties

Drogheda United v City - pre-season friendly, I remember Lee Peacock played, 2003 or 04' maybe?

Weat Brom a few years ago on a Sunday was half empty. Just after a European trip and 42 quid. They had started the season well but we beat them with ease.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.