Smallest City Away Support you've ever been in

lancs blue said:
It was 74/75 season, we lost 4-0 - I was on that Fingland's coach, we kept quiet inside the ground and yes they would have battered you, that was Brum all over in those days.

I was in the Scoreboard when Denis back-heeled that goal so this was quite mild in comparison but yes thinking back they would have kicked fuck out of us!....Always preferred going to Villa.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
UEFA Cup game in 1977 away against Widzew Lodz in Poland.
First European away game my late father took me to and it was a dire 0-0 draw.
Being City we lost the tie on away goals by drawing 2-2 in the home leg.
I think about 100 blues made the trip.

I was there with the missus of the time and a mate. We did the whole trip there and back by train. GRIM place, Lodz (pronounced something like voodge', by the way)!

And yes: there were just about 100 to 150 blues there, nearly all on an organised flight.

But the lowest EVER following has to be for Kaz Deyna's testimonial in Warsaw. Just me and Andy Shaw made it (and we sat on the bench next to Big Mal for the game).

Chelsea away on a friday night, pissed down all day and night, the game was played the night before Ipswich beat arse in the fa cup final 1978. Not many blues there, some of us ran on the pitch at the end. Don`t me me why, seven hours on the lash probably had something to do with it though.

Bilboblue said:
around 800 I think at Colchester on a Friday night for English televisions first ever pay-per-view game.

Same at Macclesfield without the ppv aspect, but both games City sold out our allocation so not really sure that counts.

Oh,. a similar amount at Napoli 2 years ago! The scaremongers had a huge effect on that following.

I was,at the colchester game and had stand with the home fans, think you could be right that must have the lowest away following............or maybe Southend away that was also a midweek game?

Derby County late seventies, a night game, about 100 on the old pop side unsegregated singing we are the faithful few!
Think it was 1-1 but it was a long time ago.

Also Chelsea away on a Mon night, poss the 1st Sky TV season. We'd been to Norwich on the Sat (1-1 draw if memory serves?) hardly any of us there, also remember it being bloody freezing (a bobbins 0-0).[/quote]
Definitely this,2 of us on train,stayed over in Russell Square,appalling game and like you said,no snow but bastard arctic

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.