Smallest City Away Support you've ever been in

totallywired said:
Chelsea away on a friday night, pissed down all day and night, the game was played the night before Ipswich beat arse in the fa cup final 1978. Not many blues there, some of us ran on the pitch at the end. Don`t me me why, seven hours on the lash probably had something to do with it though.

Was at this one 0-0 I think. Went by service train and remember about a dozen of us had fun and games with the same number of mu's who had been to qpr for a testimonial.

Another low one was Barnet in league cup when McMahon booted the ball at us at the final whistle. Not sure if true but I have been told that this match is the record lowest post war attendance for a competetive match involving City 3120. (Not counting aws crap)

totallywired said:
Chelsea away on a friday night, pissed down all day and night, the game was played the night before Ipswich beat arse in the fa cup final 1978. Not many blues there, some of us ran on the pitch at the end. Don`t me me why, seven hours on the lash probably had something to do with it though.

I was only eight in 1978, but I remember thinking at the time how odd it was that this game was played on a Friday.

Torquay away (possibly 84) in a midweek league cup match.
Couldn't have been more than 100 there, we drew 0-0.
Seem to recall a small following at Cardiff the same season.
Tony Cunningham scored and jumped onto the fence at the away end. We were all huddled together at the top of the stand as it was freezing. It took us ages to run down and celebrate with him, he waited like a trooper as it was his first for City.
Now that I live here in the States I recently travelled up to Portland from LA to watch the Galaxy play the Timbers, there was only 12 of us in the away end.
It is a bit of a trek though.

city reserves against huddersfield reserves in 94/95. was living in huddersfield at the time and had nothing better to do that night,
in terms of away support, it was me and the bench.
although to be fair, there was only about 20 people there in total.

Bilboblue said:
around 800 I think at Colchester on a Friday night for English televisions first ever pay-per-view game.

Same at Macclesfield without the ppv aspect, but both games City sold out our allocation so not really sure that counts.

Oh,. a similar amount at Napoli 2 years ago! The scaremongers had a huge effect on that following.

It was a Saturday night.

SaddleworthBlueRhino said:
1st leg of FA Youth Cup Final at Chelsea. About 200 of us there and the bonus was that they let us in for free. Chelski had gone overboard on giving free tickets to schools and also supplied them with flags. It was free for the home 2nd leg for everybody as well but no flags. Shame on you city. Travelled both ways for £10 on National Express. Left London at 11.55pm and tour every English Airport on the way home to arrive at Chorlton Strret Bus station for 7am. great trip out as Youth Cup football is special, honest and very very skilful.

I went to that, best two players on the pitch were Weiss and Kakuta.... shame neither made it in the Premier League.

citykev28 said:
Bilboblue said:
around 800 I think at Colchester on a Friday night for English televisions first ever pay-per-view game.

Same at Macclesfield without the ppv aspect, but both games City sold out our allocation so not really sure that counts.

Oh,. a similar amount at Napoli 2 years ago! The scaremongers had a huge effect on that following.

It was a Saturday night.

Well that's me told then isn't it. You are right.

I remember staying at a boozer in the High Street that night,me and a mate were on the top floor (3rd) and the window opened onto the street, we'd been on the lash all day and night, was a great day out.

We were having a pissed up laugh, tipping water onto people as they walked by the pub on the pavement, just a little bit, not jugs of it, and one lad went mental when it landed on his head, started punching and kicking the pub door like a psychopath.

Went down for brekkie in the morning to see two windows boarded up and the door being repaired. Oops.

Has anyone mentioned a league game midweek, October or November, at Wimbledon (Selhurst), when there were about 4-5000 there, about 150 blues, though I didn't count us, sat on the terrace there was that much room, shit game, cold and damp too, I think it was either 0-0, or 1-1.

erast fandorin said:
Also Chelsea away on a Mon night, poss the 1st Sky TV season. We'd been to Norwich on the Sat (1-1 draw if memory serves?) hardly any of us there, also remember it being bloody freezing (a bobbins 0-0).
Definitely this,2 of us on train,stayed over in Russell Square,appalling game and like you said,no snow but bastard arctic[/quote]

I mentioned this game in a thread a couple of years ago. It was miserable. I think the total crowd that day was about 11k at Stamford Bridge. It was a bloody awful game and we had to drive home in freezing fog virtually all the way home, doing a maximum of about 30 mph on the motorway! Didn't get back until about 4am.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.