Smoking ....yes again

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluepeter62 said:
Dhenry said:
As a smoker, I do at times feel like I'd like a cigarette during half time or so, but I agree, no fucking way should people be allowed to smoke within the stadium, whether it be seats, aisles or toilets.

get a nicotine patch or something...

As a non smoker I really do think that they should allow it on the spirals. After all its out in the open.
wouldn't mind it, was not aware of it being a possibility til this thread. I always supported the ban itself.

bluepeter62 said:
Dhenry said:
As a smoker, I do at times feel like I'd like a cigarette during half time or so, but I agree, no fucking way should people be allowed to smoke within the stadium, whether it be seats, aisles or toilets.

As a non smoker I really do think that they should allow it on the spirals. After all its out in the open.

I don't because I stand there having a pint and they fuckin' stink.

francis henry lee said:
de niro said:
why dont you grow up and see that people want the game and society rid of these lepers.
how can no one suffer when the place would be full of smoke?

im one of these so called lepers and what makes me really laugh is the so called do gooders and non smokers
dont have a problem with pushing babies round in buggies on the street and the buggy is roundabout the same height
as the exhaust on a car but whinge when people are forced to have a sly cig at the football because of a stupid ban

absolute shite, what a prize fart-talker you are.

people like you, and any other anti social, low life who smokes in the toilets at eastlands or any ground. should be banned

for life.

BlueBeenie said:
hrgiger said:
If you are refering to COMS;
Last season,I complained 6 times (6 different matches) about the morons who think it's ok to turn the toilets into a smoking area.The stewards don't seem to want to know.The usual answers "Write to the club",shrugged shoulders,"I'll sort it in a minute,mate",ect,ect.Install smoke alarms in the toilets,or have a steward on duty in there.

It is legal to smoke on the spirals (As said at the Points of Blue meeting 30th April 2009, included in the minutes of the meeting from the City v bolton programme) but the club wont let anyone smoke there. It makes sense to let people go there to smoke rather than ignore a problem and let them cram into toilets but they wont let people do this?

Apart from that whats the point of talking about this? Plebs, twats, lepers, etc. etc. all the usual shit for smokers, but I guess that so long as your insulting smokers its not against the CoC to be insulting and offensive so thats ok then :)

If any of you actually wanted the smoking issue sorted out you'd have found the same information I did and pursue dialogue with the club to get things changed for the better of everyone, smokers and non smokers alike. Instead you just sit on your high horses calling people names and pretending your better because you dont smoke.

I aspire to one day reach your perfect level of life. Anyway that day is not today and Im off for a cig, take it easy :)

I agree they should allow it on the spirals. However, why can't you obey what the club decides and not smoke? It's attitudes like this that cause the trouble in today's society.

BlueBeenie said:
hrgiger said:
If you are refering to COMS;
Last season,I complained 6 times (6 different matches) about the morons who think it's ok to turn the toilets into a smoking area.The stewards don't seem to want to know.The usual answers "Write to the club",shrugged shoulders,"I'll sort it in a minute,mate",ect,ect.Install smoke alarms in the toilets,or have a steward on duty in there.

It is legal to smoke on the spirals (As said at the Points of Blue meeting 30th April 2009, included in the minutes of the meeting from the City v bolton programme) but the club wont let anyone smoke there. It makes sense to let people go there to smoke rather than ignore a problem and let them cram into toilets but they wont let people do this?

Apart from that whats the point of talking about this? Plebs, twats, lepers, etc. etc. all the usual shit for smokers, but I guess that so long as your insulting smokers its not against the CoC to be insulting and offensive so thats ok then :)

If any of you actually wanted the smoking issue sorted out you'd have found the same information I did and pursue dialogue with the club to get things changed for the better of everyone, smokers and non smokers alike. Instead you just sit on your high horses calling people names and pretending your better because you dont smoke.

I aspire to one day reach your perfect level of life. Anyway that day is not today and Im off for a cig, take it easy :)

spot on....just because people choose to smoke and "dare" challenge the OP; people now think it's open day to abuse someone

amazing, the level of bile aimed at someone...."pleb, twat, leper, low-life, etc, etc"

QUIT THE ABUSE people!!

.[/quote]

I aspire to one day reach your perfect level of life. Anyway that day is not today and Im off for a cig, take it easy :)[/quote]

I actually think that is not the case.
the law also states that it is illegal for anyone to smoke within the workplace and as the spirals are within the turnstiles they are the workplace and not a public place.
ergo it is illegal to smoke on the spirals and if any employee puts in a complaint the club would probably find they face severe finds and put their licence at risk. ultimately people smoking could end with the ground being closed.

having said that as a non-smoker I have a no real prolem with smoking anywhere in the grounds
but I have with all these rules whether it is no smoking,swearing.drinking or even singing muncih songs we already have too many rules its a game for working class people who enjoy these sorts of things

JonnyQuest said:
grow up, people want to smoke and if there wasnt a stupid f'ing ban then nobody would suffer

It is stupid the law because I'd love take a dump on you seat next game you won't mind then?

Dhenry said:

I must argree,even though i'am a smoker myself (and i do think my rights have been walked on over the years) if in a place where smoking is banned,i will not smoke,i have a seven hour train journey coming up next week,i would like to smoke of course but i wont,i will be prepared with a patch or two or some gum.It only takes a minute or two to work out a plan to tide you over untill you can have a smoke.As for smoking in a confined place like a bog,well that's just out of order,but if stewarts dont take a stand,then the smokers will continue to smoke.

I was a heavy smoker for years, and quit 12 months ago. I never had a problem with obeying bans - if I wasn't allowed to smoke, I didn't. However, I'm not one of those ex-smokers who gets snotty with those who do smoke - I smoked for years, so I know how it feels, and I'm not about to tell anybody else to stop if they don't want to.

I really don't see why areas can't be set aside for those who want to smoke. This is legal provided the smoking area complies with government regulations about being open to the air. I don't know if the spirals comply or not, but there's no provision on the bottom tier - it could be that this is the reason the club won't do it.

In any event, if the ground regulations which are set by the club say you can't, then the club is entitled to apply the sanctions it sets out in the ground regulations which you effectively agree to when you buy a ticket - those sanctions include ejections and bans. City are therefore entitled to eject you or even ban you for sparking up anywhere in the ground, including the spirals.

However, to those of you who feel the need - I did at least a pack a day for more than 30 years, and always smoked at the ground until they banned it. Once they banned it, I no longer smoked in the ground, and enjoyed the first one after the match so much more! It can be done. The only exception was at Old Trafford, where I smoked under the no smoking signs as a matter of principle whether I wanted one or not - but that was nowt to do with the rights or wrongs of smoking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.