Smoking

Stopped smoking 20 years ago.
Could still murder a Gauloises or Disque Bleu.
Thank heavens they stopped making them!

There’s definitely a big difference between cutting round down and stopping completely.

My father in law has one a day, every day, straight after his tea, after decades of being a heavy smoker. And says he’s never really bothered enough to sneak in another one or two along the way.

The big difference is, no matter how few you smoke, you’ve always got that next one to look forward to.

Whereas accepting you’re never going to have another one ever again is a completely different mindset.
As my mate tells me
I’ll never be a non smoker
Just an ex one !!!

I suspect there won’t be much to choose between them as research continues.

As my mate tells me
I’ll never be a non smoker
Just an ex one !!!

I used to have a near foolproof way of knowing if someone who’s recently stopped was going to stick with it.

Offer them a cig and if they reply anything along the lines of..No thanks, I’m trying to give up. Absolutely guarantee they’ll be back on them sooner rather than later.

But If they reply.. No thanks, I don’t smoke. They may have a decent chance.

I never thought it was going to be completely safe. Just a safer option than smoking regular cigarettes.
The headline is far worse than the actual facts in that report. There have been many deaths from vaping in the US...from vape juice that is banned in the UK. We need a UK study, but it will probably be years before we really know how dangerous vaping is. Like you say...we know it's a LOT safer than smoking.

The U.K. are outliers when it comes to vaping.
We went all in as a safe alternative.
The rest of the world are much more cautious.

The headline is far worse than the actual facts in that report. There have been many deaths from vaping in the US...from vape juice that is banned in the UK. We need a UK study, but it will probably be years before we really know how dangerous vaping is. Like you say...we know it's a LOT safer than smoking.
But we don’t.
When smoking had been going a lot longer than vaping it was being promoted as healthy!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.