Sneijder (continued)

Re: Gazzetta: Sneijder completes €36m move to City (continued)

richards30 said:
southern muppet said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
So-just to catch up. Read the report just in the Daily fail.

Take it he isn't going to the rags? Are we in for him?

Not if you believe the Mail, apparently a source at the club thinks the cost of the deal is 'mind blowing'. Of course 'a source' is usually bollocks but that does sound like something Cookie would say.
do you think cookie is scared of splashing the cash???? he would be THE one who would want deals like this to happen!!!!
Not from the noises coming out of the club this summer. It seems like FFPR has had the desired effect on us this transfer window and paralysed our ambitions as was the intention. The wording does sound very Cook-esque, but he and Marwood have been ultra cautious hence the report of tensions between them and Mancini.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; this is the last window of opportunity for us to exponentially advance on those around and above us. We should allow Mancini to do what he deems necessary squad-wise and cross the FFPR bridge when we come to it in 2015. The caveat for us with FFPR is that as long as we are showing a downward trend with any potential losses, UEFA will assist us in trying to comply and not punish us. If this is the case I can't understand for the life of me why we aren't taking this final opportunity to overhaul and cement the squad for the coming 3-4 seasons ahead......

Dribble said:
richards30 said:
southern muppet said:
Not if you believe the Mail, apparently a source at the club thinks the cost of the deal is 'mind blowing'. Of course 'a source' is usually bollocks but that does sound like something Cookie would say.
do you think cookie is scared of splashing the cash???? he would be THE one who would want deals like this to happen!!!!
Not from the noises coming out of the club this summer. It seems like FFPR has had the desired effect on us this transfer window and paralysed our ambitions as was the intention. The wording does sound very Cook-esque, but he and Marwood have been ultra cautious hence the report of tensions between them and Mancini.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; this is the last window of opportunity for us to exponentially advance on those around and above us. We should allow Mancini to do what he deems necessary squad-wise and cross the FFPR bridge when we come to it in 2015. The caveat for us with FFPR is that as long as we are showing a downward trend with any potential losses, UEFA will assist us in trying to comply and not punish us. If this is the case I can't understand for the life of me why we aren't taking this final opportunity to overhaul and cement the squad for the coming 3-4 seasons ahead......
Exactly. Chelsea took a similar position in January when they spent £75m.

richards30 said:
southern muppet said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
So-just to catch up. Read the report just in the Daily fail.

Take it he isn't going to the rags? Are we in for him?

Tevez is the key to this happening

I also don't get why we aren't just swapping Tevez for Sneijder - unless we don't actually want him or he's stalling because he actually only wants to go to Utd (who clearly can't afford/justify his wages).
All the 'evidence' over the summer has suggested Tevez would go to Inter........................

From a football perspective, (permanently) swapping Tevez for Sneijder would make a lot of sense for us.

Anyone who doubts the potential contribution of Sneijder should look at the "key passes", "long balls", "crosses", etc in the following table:

2011%2f8%2fSneijder-MCFC.png

From a financial perspective, it is no doubt more complex, particularly given that tax rates are so much less in Italy (so that it would be extremely costly for us to match Sneijder's current Inter salary) and given that the salary of Tevez does not count against us for FFP purposes.

Also it is difficult to be sure as to Inter's agenda. I read something yesterday (sorry, cannot find link) that claimed that it is well-known in Italy that Inter's strategy is to delay until late August so as to get Tevez cheaply, probably on loan. This stalling tactic is consistent with what Mancio has been saying since May.

If Inter cannot find a buyer for Sneijder, then - as others have suggested above - a loan swap of Tevez for Sneijder may be the best available option for both clubs.

ANY1aBLUE said:
I also don't get why we aren't just swapping Tevez for Sneijder - unless we don't actually want him or he's stalling because he actually only wants to go to Utd (who clearly can't afford/justify his wages).
All the 'evidence' over the summer has suggested Tevez would go to Inter........................

Because Bobby doesn't actually want to lose Tevez!!
The club have been very smart on the Tevez situation.
'Yes you can go to Corinthians to be near your family, we understand '
'oh no they can't get the finances together in time' never mind.
' We will accept £50m for you from a european club Carlos, how's that?'
' oh no, nobody wants to pay £50m cash'
' looks like the only option is to stay and play alongside Kun, you know him don't you?'

Never mind eh!!!

Yum yum

Dribble said:
richards30 said:
southern muppet said:

I don't think you can use a "caveat" where a "saving grace" should be, that is what our friends across the Atlantic call a "grand fubar".

-- Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:24 pm --

C17Y AS said:
^^^
This, the club are not stupid
Disagree, every institution has it's idiots!<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:26 pm --<br /><br />
Eric Wirral said:
ANY1aBLUE said:

Because Bobby doesn't actually want to lose Tevez!!
The club have been very smart on the Tevez situation.
'Yes you can go to Corinthians to be near your family, we understand '
'oh no they can't get the finances together in time' never mind.
' We will accept £50m for you from a european club Carlos, how's that?'
' oh no, nobody wants to pay £50m cash'
' looks like the only option is to stay and play alongside Kun, you know him don't you?'

Never mind eh!!!

Yum yum
I thought Macini may even have duped our own board a little in going for Aguero, the way he's played this one has been calm and measured, Tevez has priced himself out of any moves he's like!

Tevez for sneijder will happen.convinced of it.

Thaksinssoldier said:
Tevez for sneijder will happen.convinced of it.

So am i mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.