So Ade haters will you admit you were wrong?

I said on another thread that silva and ade would be good combination. Give ade the service and he will score goals. I feel vo he needs two chances too get a goal that's not a bad return vo........

To be fair he HAS been sh1t in the last few games so the criticism was justified.

A great game last night though and fans will be happy to eat humble pie if he can start banging some goals in.

TVI said:
To be fair he HAS been sh1t in the last few games so the criticism was justified.

A great game last night though and fans will be happy to eat humble pie if he can start banging some goals in.
Good goals but not a great game he should have scored another three .Man of the match for three goals fair enough but three or four players were better than him .

Ade is a good finisher. He's up there with the very best when it comes to finding the net with the ball at his feet in full stride. In fact, in that position I'd favour Ade to score rather than Tevez. But there are a lot of problems with his game. Firstly, the formation we usually play doesn't suit him therefore rarely plays well but decent players should be able to adapt and I don't think Ade does that well. Secondly, he's muscled off the ball far too easily. Thirdly, his first touch lets him down a lot. Fourthly, his movement off the ball is mediocre far too often though occasionally brilliant. Fifthly, classic confidence player I'm afraid. He needs to be doing well and enjoying his football to get the best out of him.

City fans in general are overly critical of him and many don't seem to realise it affects his game when groans go up around Eastlands when he fumbles or is easily shrugged off a ball.

I want him to start on Sunday though. Last year was one of the finest footballing displays I've seen in a blue shirt. Truly awesome that day.

If he puts in that much effort every day I will admit im wrong. He's got to reproduce that week in week out to prove he's one of the best.

waspish said:
I said on another thread that silva and ade would be good combination. Give ade the service and he will score goals. I feel vo he needs two chances too get a goal that's not a bad return vo........

I agree mate and said in some other thread that Silva will give him the service that he needs. It is easy to say Tevez is great because the amount of running around he does, but he does not pass the ball half as much as he should do. Silva more of a creator.

Skashion said:
Ade is a good finisher. He's up there with the very best when it comes to finding the net with the ball at his feet in full stride. In fact, in that position I'd favour Ade to score rather than Tevez. But there are a lot of problems with his game. Firstly, the formation we usually play doesn't suit him therefore rarely plays well but decent players should be able to adapt and I don't think Ade does that well. Secondly, he's muscled off the ball far too easily. Thirdly, his first touch lets him down a lot. Fourthly, his movement off the ball is mediocre far too often though occasionally brilliant. Fifthly, classic confidence player I'm afraid. He needs to be doing well and enjoying his football to get the best out of him.

City fans in general are overly critical of him and many don't seem to realise it affects his game when groans go up around Eastlands when he fumbles or is easily shrugged off a ball.

I want him to start on Sunday though. Last year was one of the finest footballing displays I've seen in a blue shirt. Truly awesome that day.
You forgot the drifting offside and out wide too often, I agree though, he can be a great finisher. I get the feeling Ade doesn't exactly work at his weaknesses and is happy to play his own game, frustrating for a manager!

Some bloke behind me shouted "he's a fucking donkey" when he failed to trap a high ball in to the box, this was a few minutes after he had just scored his third. Also generally people around me still seemed to be eagerly looking to find something to give him grief about. I think it is fair to say that for many fans he could pretty much do anything and they would still just see what they want to see. If we have become the type of supporters who will look for reasons to abuse one of our own players on a day when he has scored a hatrick then I think it is incredibly sad.

Don't "hate" Ade... but based on his performances since he got here, I am not his biggest fan, and that did not change last night. Good of him to net three, but he made many mistakes and should have netted two more.
Without Silva he would have been pretty invisible last night.<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:28 am --<br /><br />Don't "hate" Ade... but based on his performances since he got here, I am not his biggest fan, and that did not change last night. Good of him to net three, but he made many mistakes and should have netted two more.
Without Silva he would have been pretty invisible last night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.