So, Dzeko wants to stay?

EaglesFan said:
bellbuzzer said:
Edin is at his best bearing down on goal. For that to happen more often we need a speed merchant, which we dont have at the mo.
His first touch is poor at times, simply due to not having a sustained run of games, imo. I would keep him rather than sign RvP., seems popular with the other lads, works hard and plays for the team.

My only knack on Roberto this season was - why play Dzeko BEHIND Aguero rather than other way around?? Never understood that, really.

Putting Dzeko in an uncomfortable advanced-midfield position when you have a guy like Aguero who, to me, is perfect for that role (good on the ball, agile, fast)??

Maybe Roberto saw that Dzeko has (and he truly does have) better vision of the field and teammates than Sergio...??? but Sergio's technique is far superior...

Whatever happens I think when Dzeko plays he should not be forced to drop back that far and distribute...especially with guys like Aguero and Tevez. Then he would be on his game.

I agree with this !<br /><br />-- Wed May 30, 2012 2:33 pm --<br /><br />
Skashion said:
In terms of goals and assists per minute played Dzeko was our best attacking player this season, no, not best striker, best attacking player. As assists count this brings the likes of Nasri, Silva and Yaya into it. Now I'm not for a minute saying you should look blindly at these stats and conclude he's our best player. However, by this measure he was fourth in the league behind Berbatov (who only played 512 minutes of football so not a fair reflection), Papiss Cisse and RVP. I simply cannot comprehend those who think he's a failure and this includes Dzeko fans who almost apologetically claim he needs more width and speed, true yes, but he's capable anyway. Stop apologising, you haven't been proved wrong at all.

And with this, even more !

Roll On City said:
Dzeko should move on and leaves, I like him and appreciate what he has done for us.

BUT I'm so sick of hearing Dzeko fanboys laud their hero for merely being good [at times], and jump on the bandwagon ranting with nonsense of excuses and hostility against everyone who can see a problem on the beloved idol, lamenting our system of play. Right, scrap the system then! and the fact that we don't have a top class winger, when we should!

Right, lets go out and buy one maybe two or three, fuck it, make four world class wingers so we can have plan B, C, D, E and F - for Fkng bloody hell we don't play to his strength!

should not play behind Aguero, he need a lot space, faced opposition goalie, and regular starer for his confidence! you know, been badly treated, abused and wrongly used by Mancini! so yeah sack the manger.

Mourinho admire [why not bid?] Dzeko and rate him highly! So
sack Mancini - bring in Mour.... Madness!!!

Exhausting debate, it's a debate that, like motorcycle exhaust pipes, just seems to be getting louder and louder! it can't go on like that.

I wish him luck wherever he moves to, maybe his admire [Mour] at Madrid will make a serious bid? here's hoping

Wow, OK we understand. No more love for Edin! No more discussion on Edin (hey admin close this forum)! Do you have any particular musical wish too. Your Wish is our Command ...

Kippax BB52, Manchester (30/05/2012 at 15:28)
@bigfatblue manchester
You've been reading too many rag top newspapers mate. Dzeko scores or assists every 78 minutes. This is more effective than all our strikers including Sergio per minutes on the pitch. Which forward is better than Edin in the air? Give the guy some credit, we wouldn't be champions without him and he hasn't started many games but has he complained? Last week he said he wants to stay and was very proud of his goal v QPR. He is a legend but it is hard to be the stand out performer next to Tevez, Aguero and Balotelli wouldn't you think? What more do you want from the guy? Blood?

Read more at: <a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1551213_manchester-city-boss-roberto-mancini-rules-out-move-for-striker" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... or-striker</a>

MCFC BOB said:
We can do so much better than Dzeko in terms of skill, quality and the ability to control a football, but I love him so much and I hope he turns into the striker we've all seen flashes of. Maybe the signing of a winger being Mancini's priority this summer shows Roberto's plans for Dzeko next season.

Well, we have seen just flashes of him anyway, when Mancini decided to give him some playing time....

'Edin is at his best bearing down on goal'

Really, blue? Don't see that at all myself. Edin did it against Stretford Utd but I reckon his asset is finding room in the box and exploiting it... best heda eva against Spuds (and the rest of the goals) and QPR.

The rest of my reasons are purely sentimental ... wrote, wrote to us asking to play, celebrated with the fans against QPR, went mental for a game but apologised, then got on with it... etc.

The thought of him leaving makes me well up, but that's my sentimentality, of course.

At times this season I have slated him, but I'm desperate to see him succeed. We have seen glimpses of brilliance from him, which is what makes him so frustrating to watch when he isn't doing so well. His stats are actually very good. I hope we keep him for next season & try to play to his strengths.

This coming season is unique for Us as fans,as well as The Club
I hope we can retain All our Guys in the First Squad
They will only get better,If we're Lucky,we will avoid injuries,& win again.
Why not......? Scums been doin it for 20 years.
Im still grinning 3 weeks later
Front four to stay,If we can afford too
Wheres Boyata..........??

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/robin-van-persie-transfer-manchester-854433" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ter-854433</a>

Manchester City are prepared to sell want-away striker Edin Dzeko - to help fund a bid for Robin van Persie.

City have given Dzeko permission to speak to other clubs and his agent, Irfan Redzepagic, has made contact with German giants Bayern Munich.

Bayern are are targeting a new striker this summer and are interested in Dzeko, who was deadly in the Bundesliga with Wolfsburg before they sold him to City in 2010.

The Blues are willing to offload the 26-year-old for around £20million, just 18 months after splashing out £27million to sign him.

[bigimg]http://www.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article758109.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Edin%2BDzeko-Manchester%2BCity%2Bcropped.jpg[/bigimg]

They would also save around £5m-a-year in wages if they sell and all that cash would go towards launching a bid for Van Persie, who is Roberto Mancini’s No 1 transfer target.

Despite owner Sheikh Mansour’s boundless wealth, City are wary of reducing their net spending to help them comply with UEFA’s incoming Financial Fair Play rules.

Dzeko wants a move after falling to fourth in the strikers’ pecking order following Carlos Tevez’s return.

Dzeko has denied it, his agent has denied it, Mancini stated all four strikers are staying. I just don't get where these papers get their 'news'.

There will always be interest in top players, but Bayern now add to the denials too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.