So, Dzeko wants to stay?

I'll admit I've slagged him off rotten this season at times.
He doesn't chase balls like the Argentian contingent (except that one occasion against Arsenal at home after he was pissed at not getting a freekick and went mental)
His first touch is awful, his control go's further than I could kick a ball.
If I was Bobby, during training I would have him stood on the centre spot and have the rest of the lads twat penny flyaways at him, if he can control them there's hope.

BUT...there are times he's great, (spurs away) and he has banged them in this season.
but I don't think he fits the city style of play.
example....santa cruz (the most lethal striker from 2 yards out)..A player who was voted 3rd worst player in the Bundesliga then went on to Blackburn and banged them in because he had Bentley swinging them in on his head.
With Johnson on the right cutting in for the shot and god forbid kolarov playing to hit 1 good cross and leave us exposed at the back for 90min their is no-one to plant it on his head.
And more annoying in the times he hasn't played, city seemed to hit high balls in to the smallest guys on the pitch (A&T) instead of pulling it back from the byline, of which Dzeko did get goals, but it's not his game.

If we sign Bale then I'll put a bet on to win the golden boot and I know Hazard is on the cards, but put him on the right and have both.
Also on a final note I will say he is a great two footed player when it comes to shooting from distance and I think he must have had the most shots blocked this year.

In short hope he stays so I can judge him next season, but if he moves I hope the best for him & I don't want Blues to say why did we let him go, He just didn't fit in to the city style....A style that have seen us lift the trophy.

P.S A long rant, but this is the short version I've had all season long with Blues

For shure he wanna stay. he hava a winner mentality and if he leaves now this will look loke he didnt succeed. he cant accept that. he is already exorsicin for the next season.

Incyblue said:
I'll admit I've slagged him off rotten this season at times.
He doesn't chase balls like the Argentian contingent (except that one occasion against Arsenal at home after he was pissed at not getting a freekick and went mental)
His first touch is awful, his control go's further than I could kick a ball.
If I was Bobby, during training I would have him stood on the centre spot and have the rest of the lads twat penny flyaways at him, if he can control them there's hope.

BUT...there are times he's great, (spurs away) and he has banged them in this season.
but I don't think he fits the city style of play.
example....santa cruz (the most lethal striker from 2 yards out)..A player who was voted 3rd worst player in the Bundesliga then went on to Blackburn and banged them in because he had Bentley swinging them in on his head.
With Johnson on the right cutting in for the shot and god forbid kolarov playing to hit 1 good cross and leave us exposed at the back for 90min their is no-one to plant it on his head.
And more annoying in the times he hasn't played, city seemed to hit high balls in to the smallest guys on the pitch (A&T) instead of pulling it back from the byline, of which Dzeko did get goals, but it's not his game.

If we sign Bale then I'll put a bet on to win the golden boot and I know Hazard is on the cards, but put him on the right and have both.
Also on a final note I will say he is a great two footed player when it comes to shooting from distance and I think he must have had the most shots blocked this year.

In short hope he stays so I can judge him next season, but if he moves I hope the best for him & I don't want Blues to say why did we let him go, He just didn't fit in to the city style....A style that have seen us lift the trophy.

P.S A long rant, but this is the short version I've had all season long with Blues
Agree with all of this,its becoming quite clear we're going to sign a striker this summer probably either cavani or van persie, people are saying they are to replace tevez but I cant see us having 3 6ft strikers ( 4 if guidetii stays ) so I can only see dzeko making way as ballotellis agent and mancini have both said that he is 100% staying.

I think Dzeko has shown enough to warrant being given another season to break into the team on a more regular basis. 19 goals in 40 appearances this season is pretty impressive. However he does have some improving to do.

He should stay.
Play him right up front with early, possibly long, passes played past him for him to run on to, or a quick winger to get behind the defence and feed him crosses, and a sustained run in the team for him to get his eye in, and we won't recognise him; he'll score for fun.
If we don't do that, some other club will.

Incyblue said:

All at the same time? That would be cruel...

I don't understand one thing that I read in many different posts, that City will not change it's style of playing because of Dzeko. We will not buy a winger just for Dzeko to place ball on his head, so he can bang them in!!??? WTF?

The first question that comes to my mind is: Who does he bang them in for?

Scoring headers proved to be crucial in winning the title. The last two headers by Vincent and Edin come to mind, there is no need to go further back.

Edin is not just a tall player who can hit the ball in the net, when placed on his forehead. He has ability to place ball exactly where he wants or should I say that he is more accurate with his head shot than majority players of his type. His two awesome goals against Wigan and Tottenham are the best example for that.

He can swing his head at the ball in the air and slam it in the net, such as his goal against Man United, while playing for Wolfsburg.

Edin scored 19 goals this season without being used to his strengths, so I am asking why not tweak the concept a bit, to see how much you can get out of lad. He scored 4 headers with about 10-15 decent scoring chances (head -shot).

What is his conversion ratio head-shot to goal? Make it out of 20 scoring chances if you don't like Edin much.

My math tells me that he can possibly score one goal every other game with his head, on average, with only 2 proper crosses per game that land on his head.

I say lets buy a player who can (and will) cross or let Edin go. He has much more to offer.

BigED10Dzekson said:
For shure he wanna stay. he hava a winner mentality and if he leaves now this will look loke he didnt succeed. he cant accept that. he is already exorsicin for the next season.
So, if he left this summer after helping the team win the league that would be classed as a failure to him?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.