so,how long did it take you

Vinjay said:
Thanks to the exemplary train service a couple of hours longer than expected.

The footy specials were royally fucked up after the match so walked to Victoria, got the 20-28 to Leeds which was ram-jammed full to a ridiculous extent - more than three coaches of passengers crammed into two, and Napoleon Driver decided that he needed to re-run Waterloo by stating that unless he had a red carpet and unfettered access to his miserable little cab the train was going nowhere! What an arse! And then the 'train manager' stated that the 20-28 service to Leeds would be stopping at every lamppost between Victoria and Leeds. Cattle are treated better. Is there any point in writing to NorthernTrains? Didn't think so!

Oh, and by the way, I got in just turned 9pm.

I was going back to Belper in Derbyshire (7 miles north of Derby) on the train. Should have taken 1 hour 50 mins. It took 6 and 1/2 hours with me having to walk the last 3 miles eventually getting in at 2-45am. Nightmare

I left 15 mins early as I could see that there was going to be traffic issues

bus to town and 104 to wythenshawe, in the house by 8.20, not too bad really. Would probably have taken longer if I had stayed til my usual 90 minutes

An hour an' half from town! Having said that, I use First Bus, where the only reliable thing about them is the annual fares increase in January. However, they wasted no time in whisking their much-lauded (by them, admittedly) "flagship" 135 service off the road. Had to get the tram and walk in the end. A letter and a request for the cost of the tram ticket from their £12m profits is required I think...

5 hrs back to Barrow in Furness by coach, took us 2hrs to get to the motorway from the ground, cars and lorries all over the roads.

Usually takes me 2 mins to get home but due to the artic conditions it took me 3 mins, still home in time to watch Adam and Edins ESPN interview!

Spent an hour on Rochdale Rd after the game......anyone known what was wrong? I turned around and went through Moston instead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.