so,how long did it take you

15mins to Audenshaw, luckily for me, feel for the folks with the nightmare journeys last night.

Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Left well after the final whistle, quick chat in City Square. Then back to the car park (no 2), 15 minutes stripping off all 7 layers of clothing, quick cup of tea and a ham sandwich whilst the car park cleared. Tom Tom warning me of severe delays with predicted time of arrival in Brum 11.55pm!. Drove straight off the car park, tiny bit of traffic on Alan Turing Way, into Manchester over the Mancunian Way, A5103 onto M56 then M6 to Brum and got home around 10.25pm.
So not that bad really, roads were very iffy once we left the M6 at Junction 12 for the lat 20 miles or so.

7 layers? Come on it wasn't that bad and I'm skinny as a rake. Its cold feet and snow blowing in face that was the main irritation (and the trains)

So what did rest of you wear yesterday? Just tracksuit pants, tshirt, normal thickness jumper and leather jacket for me.

Re: Re: so,how long did it take you

Vinjay said:
7 layers? Come on it wasn't that bad and I'm skinny as a rake. Its cold feet and snow blowing in face that was the main irritation (and the trains)

So what did rest of you wear yesterday? Just tracksuit pants, tshirt, normal thickness jumper and leather jacket for me.
Tracksuit bottoms with a leather jacket?Were you wearing shoes as well?
I know you used to support Blackburn but if you're gonna follow City i reckon you need to leave the Dingle look at home.

a complete crawl for me. the car journey took 90 minutes instead of 45. then i couldn't get up the hill leading to home because of the ice so had to abandon the car for the last 1/2 mile & walk. retrieved the car lunchtime today after the ice thawed.

Bluebee2 said:
15mins to Audenshaw, luckily for me, feel for the folks with the nightmare journeys last night.

If it took you 15 mins from ours to Audy you must have left well early....................or you're making it up..............left at the final whistle and took me over an hour.........

Had a brew in my hand by 6pm, and that with a 10 minute walk to the car. that was the harder part if the journey, i felt i had to walk at double speed to make normal progress. still, that'll probably be the last of it for 12 months. it was rubbish last winter, i slid that walk for about half the season, and the 'Alan' midweek game it was literally about -8 inside the ground. piece of piss this year

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.