so i'll ask again........

DTeacher said:
FRIDAY 27th January, 2012.

Not much chance of red cards now....though miracles never cease...

Martin Atkinson, who has not refereed a United game for 11 months after Ferguson's rant about him, has CRIED OFF by stating that he is ill and has been replaced by Mark Halsey. The fact that Atkinson (the harshest ref in the league according to the stats) has been replaced by Halsey (the most lenient ref in the league according to the stats) is completely irrelevant, of course...

Saturday 28th January, 2012.

Maxi-tackle.gif

Statt0 said:
Brian Marwood, Manchester City’s director of football, has written to referees’ chief Mike Riley over what his club perceive to have been a string of “inconsistent” decisions, working to City’s detriment this season.
Marwood acted after City’s Carling Cup semi-final second leg at Anfield on Wednesday when a contentious penalty awarded by Phil Dowd against Micah Richards for handball allowed Liverpool to open the scoring in a 2-2 draw.
The result saw City go out of the competition and the club are unhappy that so many decisions have gone against them in big games. Earlier this month, Vincent Kompany’s controversial red card for a tackle on Nani contributed to a Manchester United victory in their FA Cup third round tie and last week Mario Balotelli was banned for four matches, having been adjudged to have tried to stamp on Tottenham’s Scott Parker in an incident that Howard Webb, the match referee, did not see.
City are displeased that while stiff action is being taken against their players, those from rival clubs have escaped sanction on a number of recent occasions. Both Chelsea’s Frank Lampard and Liverpool’s Glen Johnson committed two-footed tackles in recent Premier League games that City officials, and manager Roberto Mancini, believe were more serious than Kompany’s offence yet neither received red cards.
While Balotelli was punished after a review of video evidence from the Tottenham game, the FA ruled there was no case to answer against Peter Crouch after looking at footage which appeared to show the striker gouging Jonas Olsson’s eye in Stoke City’s 2-1 home defeat by West Bromwich Albion last Saturday.
Marwood has asked Riley, head of the Professional Game Match Officials Ltd, the organisation which oversees Premier League refereeing, for an explanation of recent decisions. Depending on the response, Marwood may consider face-to-face discussions with Riley. City are not accusing referees of bias but there are fears that the club’s raised profile and the reputation of certain players could be conspiring against them.
Earlier this season Kenny Dalglish, the Liverpool manager, held talks with Riley after being aggrieved by decisions against his team. In the past, Riley or his assistants have visited clubs, at their request, to talk through certain issues with players. Everton did this when their Belgian recruit Marouanne Fellaini was booked several times during his first season in the Premier League.
City could also decide this would be a useful exercise for Balotelli, who continues to protest his innocence in the Parker incident, although his club elected not to appeal against their striker’s four-match ban — perhaps influenced by the fact he is carrying a minor injury.

The City brass must be as paranoid and delusional as most of us apparently are!

So glad to see we're fighting against this bullshit.

Great to see the media ripping into Cabaye this morning in the same way they slaughtered Mario last week. Oh, hang on a minute...............

From the BBC;
Newcastle became increasingly frustrated and tempers began to fray with Cabaye kicking out in a challenge with Adam El-Abd and appearing to catch the Brighton defender in the face

I would suggest that everyone who believes there is an agenda against City is either a conspiracy theory nut or....

347gqi0.png

Re: Re: so i'll ask again........

fbloke said:
I would suggest that everyone who believes there is an agenda against City is either a conspiracy theory nut or....

347gqi0.png

I would suggest that there are a lot of people arguing their case only by insulting those on the other side of the debate.

Ducado said:
fbloke said:

347gqi0.png

Was it like you when you thought there was conspiracy against you on here?

Find where I ever said that there was a conspiracy against me.

I made the point that you, as a mod should not behave the way that you did towards ANY poster on here.

As a mod you should be the one who calms people down and not one who stirs the shit, IMHO.

And as it is against the CoC to WUM - something you accused me of directly - I wondered why you, a mod never warned me about it or indeed banned me.

And yet apparently the referees are inconsistant? Seems to me they would be ideal for modding on here ;-)

fbloke said:

347gqi0.png

If I substituted the word 'agenda' for 'bias', whether against City or pro other teams/players would your response be the same?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.