So is it all over?

salfordblue-tony2 said:
Mark - TheBlue said:
Bay Area Blue2 said:
Exactly my thoughts after the comeback yesterday. Why is it a great show of strength when United come back to draw with Chelsea and the end of the world when we do it yesterday?

Because that's Chelsea away. Not Sunderland at home. But yeah for your blue specs I take it there's "No Difference"

At the time chelsea were in a run of 3 wins in 12, whereas sunderland are still one of form teams at moment.

Until Saturday, we had won every home game in the Premier League against Sunderland and they had been on a run of only scoring 2 goals in the last 5 away games.

Once again we "didn't prepare right" or "thought it would be easy". Sunderland should have been out of sight before they scored their 1st goal.

Season is well and truely over, I just hope we can cement 2nd place.

Jumanji said:
SilkySilva12 said:
It's not over yet, 2pts behind and United do have a game in-hand, but Blackburn are very much capable of beating United. Have you all forgotten last time these 2 played ? United lost 3-2 at OT, and they don't have a good record at Ewood Park in the last couple of seasons. I still think we will win the title because it will come down to the Manchester derby and we will destroy them.
TBF, it may have been just a tactical fuck up by Ferguson. He played square pegs in round holes.

IIRC that was the game when Rooney was dropped for going on the piss the night before or something wasn't it?

Also, as you said, I think it was a tactical fuck up or maybe even him thinking it would be a stroll in the park. I think Carrick was CB, Rafael and Park in CM or something daft like that. Oh, and de Gea throwing them two goals.

That being said, this is still United's hardest fixture left aside from yourselves. Could easily end up a draw.

Like a lot of fellow Blues I was mighty p!ssed off on Saturday night. However in the cold light of day I have realised that this has been a fantastic season no matter what happens, definitely the best I have ever experienced. Yes it is extremely disappointing to have lead for most of the season only to stutter in the final furlong but we are still in our infancy as a club ready to dominate as our European form demonstrated. Winning the league this year would paper over some obvious deficiencies in our squad. Players who are without question quality and would walk in to any other team in the league are just not quite good enough for where we are heading, Kolarov, Kolo, Savic (yet) and even Zabaleta are just not at the standard required. That said Zabba always gives his all and would never let the team down. We have a serious lack of pace and no options to get behind an opponent’s defence. For me the problem with Silva’s form is not entirely down to him, the forwards are not making the same runs as they were earlier in the season so there is nobody for him to pass to. Whilst Mario and Dzeko have both shown some glimpses of what they can do they are not doing it consistently, this is where I have a little bit of sympathy for Dzeko. After his blistering start to the season, he was dropped after scoring 4 at WHL and hasn’t been the same since. I am quickly running out of patience with Mario, if he put half the effort he puts into sulking and moaning into his play he would be sensational.
Overall we are NEARLY there, time to realise what we have and where we have been and if the worst happens and we finish SECOND, yes SECOND, in the Premier league keep smiling at the rags who will have their last moment in the sun.

If they win their next two games, I think it's over. Mancini should be talking us up instead of coming out with crap like, I wanted to sub Mario after 5 mins.

monty silva said:
Like a lot of fellow Blues I was mighty p!ssed off on Saturday night. However in the cold light of day I have realised that this has been a fantastic season no matter what happens, definitely the best I have ever experienced. Yes it is extremely disappointing to have lead for most of the season only to stutter in the final furlong but we are still in our infancy as a club ready to dominate as our European form demonstrated. Winning the league this year would paper over some obvious deficiencies in our squad. Players who are without question quality and would walk in to any other team in the league are just not quite good enough for where we are heading, Kolarov, Kolo, Savic (yet) and even Zabaleta are just not at the standard required. That said Zabba always gives his all and would never let the team down. We have a serious lack of pace and no options to get behind an opponent’s defence. For me the problem with Silva’s form is not entirely down to him, the forwards are not making the same runs as they were earlier in the season so there is nobody for him to pass to. Whilst Mario and Dzeko have both shown some glimpses of what they can do they are not doing it consistently, this is where I have a little bit of sympathy for Dzeko. After his blistering start to the season, he was dropped after scoring 4 at WHL and hasn’t been the same since. I am quickly running out of patience with Mario, if he put half the effort he puts into sulking and moaning into his play he would be sensational.
Overall we are NEARLY there, time to realise what we have and where we have been and if the worst happens and we finish SECOND, yes SECOND, in the Premier league keep smiling at the rags who will have their last moment in the sun.

Only if we sort out our problems, and invest heavily in the summer. or we are looking at even worse next year.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMZGOnFer4k&feature=related[/youtube]

Pigeonho said:
If United win tonight, it's done and dusted. Don't know why the fuck we have, but we've fucked it right up.

More important things in life to worry about after tonight, should United win.

Maybe next season we'll have grown bigger bollocks.

Or bought him........ (Bigger Bollocks I mean)

Forzacitizens said:
Just hope we can agree a deal with Mourinho

I'm a glass half empty person and even i don't want Jose, i'd rather nearly win it and play with flashes of brilliance than have to watch the bus parked every week and goals on the break, call me naiive but its all about opinions eh??

Bluemanc100 said:
Forzacitizens said:
Just hope we can agree a deal with Mourinho

I'm a glass half empty person and even i don't want Jose, i'd rather nearly win it and play with flashes of brilliance than have to watch the bus parked every week and goals on the break, call me naiive but its all about opinions eh??
and on this occasion, yours is clearly wrong

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.