So Nastasic then...

My fear is if we sell him he might become a denfeder that we would need 30-40m pounds in 3-4 years time maybe. I can see the potential in him, also he needs to improve a lot (can mostly improve if he plays a lot tho), but at a very young age he already had a good season at Fiorentina, also at City 2 years ago. I am not sure the very best defenders of the last 10 year like Puyol, Vidic, Thiago Silva all had so good years at the age of 19-20 like Nastasic had.
When Kompany was 20 he payed at Anderlecht and probably was very good but not huge team came for him only Hamburg that wasnt even close to be a CL team in Bundesliga.
Or Vidic who played 2-3 years at CSKA maybe after Serbian League when MU signed him and he wasnt very great in his first 0.5-1 year...
Also when Kompany came here he played a lot in midfield.:)
And was older than Nastasic.

So we should throw out Nastasic because "he cant play in Pellegrini defence", I dont know why he couldt learn that. Its not like he played one system for 10 years and cant learn new one. If we say this about Lescott maybe I believe but not about a 21 year old Nastasic.

And also best case scenario Juventus offers 10m for him, less than he cost. I dont know why would he have lost some value since then. He played CL games, lot of PL games, maybe became internation player for Serbia since he came here, so if sell him for 10m thats poor business and Juve might turn him into a huge defender, the potential is there. Dont know much about his mentality, but looks a guy that works hard and ready to learn, not some big face hero with bad attitude.

Nastasic

Word up Bluemooooon!!

I've been watching this guy with a keen eye since he came through. When he first broke into the first team I thought it was too soon and that Lescott was pretty hard done by, but his initial performances were very good.

Unfortunately over time I don't think he's improved, in fact I think he's gone backwards. When he plays with Kompany he seems more confident which isn't a surprise but when he plays with anyone else he looks massively out of his depth.

Yesterday was yet another poor showing and I have real concerns for him. What does everyone else think?

Word yo! x

Re: Nastasic

I think there's already at least one thread discussing this that you could have posted in, and that you should never, ever, use the phrase "word up" again.

He's 21 FFS. It'll take another 10 years before he's really in his prime as a centre half. Most CBs his age are in their respective clubs reserves. People who write him off this early are fucking stupid and don't have an ounce of football knowledge. He'll be A* quality in the future. Trust me yo.

Word

Holla that mcfc2607. I get that he's young just I think he needs time on the pitch, but not with us at the moment. I'd defo send him out on loan yo!

If any of our centre backs go should go on loan or sold it should not be Nasty.
Let Boyata go as he really is championship quality at best and keep Nasty as back up for VK, MdM and EM.

Burtonblue said:
Let Boyata go as he really is championship quality at best and keep Nasty as back up for VK, MdM and EM.

As few others already said in many threads, we need Boyata to fill the homegrown quota.

Obviously Nastasic could still stay as he does not need to be registered because of his age this season, but maybe this is the last decent chance to get good money for him. In that case (and if Rekik goes on another loan), probably Sagna would be ahead of Boyata after Kompany, Demichelis and Mangala. So he may not play too many times even in that case.

Hungarian blue said:
Burtonblue said:

As few others already said in many threads, we need Boyata to fill the homegrown quota.

Obviously Nastasic could still stay as he does not need to be registered because of his age this season, but maybe this is the last decent chance to get good money for him. In that case (and if Rekik goes on another loan), probably Sagna would be ahead of Boyata after Kompany, Demichelis and Mangala. So he may not play too many times even in that case.
Would you not rather keep Rekik instead?
Much better player imho...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.