so this agenda thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the game on TV but was also following the live text commentary on the BBC website. At the top of that they have sone 'bullet point' headlines. These included 'Aguero booked for a dive'. If you just read that, you'd assume he had dived when the actual text commentary stated it should have been a penalty.They did the same on SSN, which I watched briefly after MOTD2.

Do you think they'd have done that if it had been someone like Rooney or Hazard? It would have been 'Rooney controversially booked' or 'Chelsea denied clear penalty'.

I really don't look for such things but this one jumped out at me.

Did anyone else notice on MOTD2 the commentator was extremely slow (reluctant?) to call the Aguero pen as it really was? It struck me very much like he wanted the story to be that he dived and only after a few irrefutable replays did he cede it was a stonewaller.

city91 said:
Shirley said:
Below is taken from the live match report by Jacob Steinberg at the Guardian. I think he is trying to be witty but I do wonder if he has is own agenda.

90 min+2: City’s fans are informing St Mary’s that this is why they’re the champions. If they were being wholly accurate, of course, they’d be holding up buckets of oil.

Hahaha, that is quite funny to be fair.
On a forum it may be considered funny but from a supposedly professional journalist writing in a national newspaper it reeks of racism and ignorance with not a little bit of jealousy thrown in for good measure.

Lucky Toma said:
I really don't look for such things but this one jumped out at me.

Did anyone else notice on MOTD2 the commentator was extremely slow (reluctant?) to call the Aguero pen as it really was? It struck me very much like he wanted the story to be that he dived and only after a few irrefutable replays did he cede it was a stonewaller.
Steve Wilson is that man, MOTD top attack dog, if we'd lost at St Mary's our entrails would have been spread across the BBC

silverback said:
Wilson did point out that the Soton player was trying to say his foul was outside the area.
eventually.

it came across as a bit of post match editing.

silverback said:
mat said:
silverback said:
Wilson did point out that the Soton player was trying to say his foul was outside the area.
eventually.

it came across as a bit of post match editing.
I will watch again but honestly thought that the commentary was spot on. Forgive the pun.
I'm in agreement with Mat on this.... even after a couple of replays he declined to agree it was a penalty, though eventually he did, albeit reluctantly.

City1974 said:
I listened to the game yesterday on Radio Manchester. Later watched high;lights.

Tuned in towards the end of the game to TalkSports' commentary - Sam Matterface saying the 0-3 scored flattered City ?
and then Stan Collymore did a couple of hours on a dive by Sergio Aguero. Not even sure he did dive, and it was a penalty.

Also briefly tuned in to Radio 5 to hear Alan Green talk about how Bayern Munich with 10 men totally dominated City on Tuesday. Dominated - how many opportunities did they create with this total domination ?
What has happened to Sports broadcasting and Sports Journalism ? Where did simple reporting facts go and neutrality ?

Bring back Barry Davies and Gerald Sinstadt.

Yet when we have all the possession, dominate and lose, we get slated for having no penetration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.