So, WC last 2, who do you want to win it ?

Re: So, WC last 4, who do you want to win it ?

eversince 76 said:
I can understand people have little sympathie for the Dutch, but you must admit: finalist in 1974, 1978 and 2010, 3 times semi-finalists in the last 4 tournaments they participated ... not bad for a country that size.

It has always amazed me how a small country like that produces so many quality players year-on-year.

Back to the seventies and you have the total football with Cruyf, Johny Rep and the rest. In the 80s you have the Reikharts, Gullits and Van Bastens, in the 90s you had the likes of Bergkamp, Overmars and others and now they have Sneijder, Robben and the girl.

As you say eversince, they are head and shoulders above us for performances at all levels and especially the top level. 3 World Cup Final appearances and semi-finalists so many times. I recall they could easily have beaten Brazil in 1994 in American. Came back to 2-2 to get beat by a wonder free-kick from Carlos.

Argentina
3 City boys and we'll be the only team in the Prem with 2014 world cup winners*

*Transfers not included

01cravend said:
Argentina
3 City boys and we'll be the only team in the Prem with 2014 world cup winners*

*Transfers not included

Not to mention having Dave from 2010.

4 World Cup winners in our first team. Wonder if that's been done before apart from probably Madrid/Barca from 2010 and perhaps AC Milan/Inter/Juventus from one of the Italian winning years ?

Argentina are destined to win it. Shame FIFA will nobble them to make sure Brasil do.

Anyone but the Dutch. The press and rags are going to be up Van Gaals arse as it is, can you imagine how irritating they'd be if he won a WC?

CITYBOY1000 said:
eversince 76 said:
I can understand people have little sympathie for the Dutch, but you must admit: finalist in 1974, 1978 and 2010, 3 times semi-finalists in the last 4 tournaments they participated ... not bad for a country that size.

It has always amazed me how a small country like that produces so many quality players year-on-year.

Back to the seventies and you have the total football with Cruyf, Johny Rep and the rest. In the 80s you have the Reikharts, Gullits and Van Bastens, in the 90s you had the likes of Bergkamp, Overmars and others and now they have Sneijder, Robben and the girl.

As you say eversince, they are head and shoulders above us for performances at all levels and especially the top level. 3 World Cup Final appearances and semi-finalists so many times. I recall they could easily have beaten Brazil in 1994 in American. Came back to 2-2 to get beat by a wonder free-kick from Carlos.

such an arrogant nation it's untrue

Re football however they have got it sussed. At their children's football matches the parents can't speak from what I hear. There is therefore no undue pressure on kids from raging adults who simply ruin their child's chances! in the UK only the best kids thrive because the also-rans have been ridiculed or chastised into failure........

My opinion but it's a vicious circle what we are trying to do in this country

An old workmate ran a Brazilian Soccer School franchise where he employed the same rules, kids learnt ball skills and parents watched, not took control

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.