so what do we do?

I've been on bluemoon for years I don't post often but I have always loved the Transfer Forum, I don't see why we should get rid of it due to a few people not liking TH youtube threads, I can't get my head round why they can't just skip past a thread started by him if they think its bollocks.

Maybe just have two sub forums one for 'Done Deals' where people can post that a deal is done and people can discuss the transfer, and a 'Rumour/Gossip' with a nice big disclaimer telling people the forums is for pure speculation and people have the right to pass on info, if you choose to believe it or not is up to you but any kind of abuse or posting that it is bollocks is not to be tolerated.

I fucking love a rumour and would hate to lose it.

I am a regular poster, whether I have clocked up enough mileage for the boards super clique I don't know.

For my money, Tolmie obviously has some connection to the wider press/City whatever. As de Niro and others know him and vouch for him.

But I have never been that impressed by the hints/videos/explanations whatever to think that he is much better than other sources of transfer gossip.

The people who count seem to keep things pretty close to their chests, and I imagine TH is outside of that.

It's fun but nothing more than that.

Why on this forum does it make you a bigger blue and more of a man the longer you have been on here and the more posts you do, fucking grown men coming out with this makes my piss boil grow up, if I supported tolmie and like a sheep agreed with his fans, does this then make and condone the amount of posts I've done and the time I've been on here, please fellow blues and grown MEN think about what you are putting.

lost_n_spaced said:
jay_mcfc said:
lost_n_spaced said:
We see things different ways.

If you see me defending myself against TH's accusations of arrogance - and indeed, if you feel that how long I have been a member of BM has any influence on whether i should be able to defend myself or not - as being a 'big-boy' then more power to your elbow.

Whatever the case, i shall not be flouncing any time soon as i recognise that you are free to hold a different opinion to what I may post.

Don't turn this around in to a 'differing view' argument. Tell me, have you any idea who he is, what he does for a job, whether or not he has had many things in the past or whether he is a respected member of the board? I'm guessing you know fuck all of any of this but are deciding to jump on the bandwagon. Bluemoon doesn't need a vigilante pal.

-- Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:45 am --

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Does it matter when he joined the forum? Surely he's entitled to express his thoughts even if some posters don't like them?

Normally I would say does it fuck but in the instance it does. If he has no idea of what TH has and hasn't got right in years of posting on here, how can he form a proper opinion of him?

And you, as I, are welcome to express your opinion (or am I not until i have been on here the requisite amount of time ?)

An earlier poster posted that they do not require my life story, yet it is necessary to understand TH's life story before being able to form an opinion........ curioser and curioser...

I would have thought this is a pretty simple concept to grasp, an 'ITK' build a reputation based on getting things right, if you've not been around long enough to know that they do or don't deserve that reputation then you're not really in a position to decide whether they're actually ITK or not.

In TH's case he used to be less cryptic but in order to protect peoples livelihoods he can't be so open now, the owner of the board and various mods vouch for him. If you don't like the youtube and crypitc comments then fine, it's fairly obvious what an 'it's quiet' thread contains don't go in there.

combster said:
Why on this forum does it make you a bigger blue and more of a man the longer you have been on here and the more posts you do, fucking grown men coming out with this makes my piss boil grow up, if I supported tolmie and like a sheep agreed with his fans, does this then make and condone the amount of posts I've done and the time I've been on here, please fellow blues and grown MEN think about what you are putting.

Well that told us....

tolmie's hairdoo said:
lost_n_spaced said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
You make a fair amount of assumptions and conclusions for someone who doesn't know me.

Players, in the main, know fuck all about ongoing transfers.

It is my business on a daily basis to establish and know what is going on, City and elsewhere.

Your cynicism is the only thing you are able to share with this forum, as is your arrogance to pigeon hole me.

I have chosen to not post transfer related info anymore because of posters such as yourself, who seemingly feel the need to save people from themselves?

It's the same every summer, difference is, it wears thin and as the board replenishes itself with fresh blood, the same issues arise.

Posters know where the PM button facility is, that way, nobody has to have any ongoing issues.

Well done on Sinclair (or whoever you were referring to in your surprise, surprise post). If you wonder why the cynics are cynical, you need to take a good long look at yourself.

For what it is worth, TH, I didn't take part in anything yesterday evening and your flouncing was your own decision. I have also defended your right to post nonsense.

Finally, and whilst we're talking about 'wearing thin', I'm fairly chuffed that your PM strategy shift will lead to me never having to see another of your youtube links.

Even if you are BM's version of Jimmy Swaggart, I urge you to keep on preaching, man. Just don't get upset or flounce-off when some of us declare our atheism.

I honestly have no idea why you see me as a threat, but there you go.

Here is the entire issue laid bare. A rather self-satisfied, arrogant posting that you have me weighed, measured and wanting.

You have rocked up and decided in less than 100 posts to make assumptions way above your pay grade.

For you to be a threat, I would need to consider you an equal on the subject matter in hand.

The PM offer is a genuine one, one where I can regulate it, further. As for flouncing off, try reading my post, simply stating I would enjoy the rest of what Blue Moon has to offer.

As for Sinclair, I was able to pick up a telephone, which is more than most on here can.

Once again TH, read your own post.

You accuse me of being arrogant yet, later in your post, say that you do not consider me an equal on the subject matter in hand.

I would say that the lack of coming to fruition of your statements / clues from yesterday (and earlier in the transfer window) make us EXACTLY equals.

No idea what 100 posts or pay grade has to do with it either, to be honest (but, by the by, I think that I'd be at least equal to you there. Neither arrogance nor a source of argument, just a statement).

Big fight lets say an hour before kick off on Sunday 19 th,say near city square,sort it out once and for all eh LOL

TH- If i were you I would keep my head down for a few days,you unfortunately have alienated the whole forum,and will become a laughing stock if you ever post anything again that proves to be not quite right,thats what I would do anyway,if I was a man in your position.

You can always have the last laugh .....if any of your predictions come off

I will continue to get my info from newspapers,Sky and dare I say it....Newsnow !

combster said:

You THINK about what you're writing and reading. You think it's acceptable for posters who have been here 5 minutes to jump on a guy that has been posting information for years because he may or may not have got one thing wrong? This is not about them not being able to have an opinion, they can talk about City until they are blue in the face but what's going on here is fucking ridiculous.

Well done on getting the 'sheep and fans' in though. Must have taken you a while to think of that one.

jay_mcfc said:
lost_n_spaced said:
And you, as I, are welcome to express your opinion (or am I not until i have been on here the requisite amount of time ?)

An earlier poster posted that they do not require my life story, yet it is necessary to understand TH's life story before being able to form an opinion........ curioser and curioser...

You're so dull. What exactly is it you're fighting for here? If you don't like what TH is posting fuck off to a different thread.

You don't need to know TH life but you need to understand that there is a reason why there are many, many seasoned members of BM that respect and appreciate him as a poster. We know he has given this board more information and insight than people like you or I could ever give. If you can't accept that then just disappear out of these types of threads.

Why would I be interested in anything apart from the right to express my own opinion without being castigated ? Does there really have to be a wider view to it than that ?

I accept that there are those who choose to believe him on everything he posts.

I, however, do not. I ask you please to accept that.

jay_mcfc said:
combster said:

You THINK about what you're writing and reading. You think it's acceptable for posters who have been here 5 minutes to jump on a guy that has been posting information for years because he may or may not have got one thing wrong? This is not about them not being able to have an opinion, they can talk about City until they are blue in the face but what's going on here is fucking ridiculous.

Well done on getting the 'sheep and fans' in though. Must have taken you a while to think of that one.

I think you should be transfer forum mod, I agree with your last few posts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.