So what is known about Dynamo Kiev?

ibruzi said:
No17 said:
They are a technical side like most east european sides are...quick feet and quick fullbacks, shevchenko and Milevsky upfront...haven't watched them much this season, but the are a team than can do damage to anyone, not saying Galatasaray are a big team (they are in Turkey) but they are not so bad to lose 8:1 on aggregate....so it should be an interesting clash...

they beat Besiktas, not Galatasaray. yeah.

their pitch is horrible, btw. couldn't see any grass through that snow tonight :S

My bad, but again, not an easy team to put 8 past...

good well organised skillfull unit, they have a bad pitch and cold weather.
key players will include: Popov, Shevchenko and Milevskiy.
Manager is also good.
I think we should shrug them off in the second leg after a tight affair at Lobanovski, although they could use the Olypiysky stadium I dought they will as its only for special occasions.
my Prediction,
1st: 0-0
2nd: 2-1 / 2-0

Well my local league of Ireland club drogheda united played dynamo Kiev in champions league qualifiers in 2008, first game here in Ireland drogs lost 2-1 but in the return away leg the final score was 2-2 and drogs should have scored twice in last ten mins, missed an open goal and also hit the post, game was played in the smaller stadium, lovely place to visit as an Irish team fans could be different visiting as English team fans possibly, all in all I'd advise those with the money to make the trip it's totally worth it

marco said:
Meddler said:
Well it will be on TV won't it

I'm so up for the away leg but would need to share a hotel/hostel and car with someone, still can't drive!
not thinking of going in the car are you? its 1700 miles

Nah not to drive all the way there but for trips to and from airport / hotel / stadium etc

Enjoying being a Blue said:
Kiev in the next round. Away first, got to be good.

Home match surely an absolute sell out. Tv or not tv.

Back to Kiev - anyone know what style of football they play? Who is their best player?
Yeah right....

Husyev (somtimes seen as Gusiev depending on how the broadcaster changes Cyrillic to Latin) is my favourite player of theirs. A pacey right winger he's going to give Kolarov no end of trouble.

Nesmachniy is a good left back, although he seems to have lost his place in recent weeks.

When I was a kid (80s) I remember the Ukranian social club in Cheetham Hill advertising itself as the biggest Dynamo supporters club outside of the Ukraine, does anybody know if this is still the case? I remember playing football against King David's High School too, they must have all been Ukranian or of Ukranian descent judging by their surnames! The Ukranian disapora in North Manchester must still be in the thousands, I expect a large away following again, probably on the Poznan scale if there's another domestic interest for away tickets (if that makes sense!)

Any chance of this being played at the bigger stadium? Surley they will want more than 16k?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.