So what is known about Dynamo Kiev?

Hope they don't have a shite pitch. This tournament is full of them I've noticed.

M.C.F.C.O.K said:
Any chance of this being played at the bigger stadium? Surley they will want more than 16k?

the bigger stadium is being upgraded for 2012 so they will use the smaller stadium which holds 16900

GazC said:
Husyev (somtimes seen as Gusiev depending on how the broadcaster changes Cyrillic to Latin) is my favourite player of theirs. A pacey right winger he's going to give Kolarov no end of trouble.

Nesmachniy is a good left back, although he seems to have lost his place in recent weeks.

When I was a kid (80s) I remember the Ukranian social club in Cheetham Hill advertising itself as the biggest Dynamo supporters club outside of the Ukraine, does anybody know if this is still the case? I remember playing football against King David's High School too, they must have all been Ukranian or of Ukranian descent judging by their surnames! The Ukranian disapora in North Manchester must still be in the thousands, I expect a large away following again, probably on the Poznan scale if there's another domestic interest for away tickets (if that makes sense!)
There was a Ukranian ex-servicemens club in Longsight, behind the old International 2. Always rammed in a Sunday. They disliked the Poles intensely as I remember, like an England-Scotland sort of relationship

They played some great football under Valery Lobanovsky in the late 1990s and were unfortunate not to make the final in 1999. Shevchenko and Rebrov were a formidable strike partnership and Lobanovsky used to insist on fluidity and players changing positions as much as possible.

I don't know too much about them these days, beating Besiktas 8-1 over 2 legs is no mean feat nor is reaching that Quarters. Shakhtar I think have been quite heavily bankrolled in recent times and prevented Kiev reaching Istanbul in the final a couple of years back. They did not progress from the strongest group by any means but what they have done to the Turks and possessing Shevchenko (who can probably find the net now he isn't in a Chelsea shirt) should serve as a reminder not to take them lightly. They gave Gent a 6-1 hiding in the CL qualifiers but then lost out narrowly to Ajax who then went out themselves. This provides some solace.

The away leg is sure to be difficult but I think if we approach the tie correctly then we should be able to progress. It should work in our favour I would hope if it's played at the Lobanovsky rather than Olympiysky. I don't know much at all about their individual players, Shevchenko aside I am afraid.

Dinamo Kiev

Going off last nights aggregate demolition of Besiktas they appear tough opposition.Does anyone have any knowledge of their strengths and weaknesses and what we can expect?

Youtube vid of first leg
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwqAINmHw20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwqAINmHw20</a>

Re: Dinamo Kiev

They got to the semi final in 2009 only to be knocked out by eventual winners Shaktar Donetsk. Looked at their team and haven't recognised anyone but Andriy Shevchenko. Look like tough opposition in my opinion though

You mean like this?:

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=209297" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=209297</a>

They will be a well set up side who I think will feel that they have to win the tie in the first leg, and then strangle the second leg. Just hope Mancini doesn't try to bottle things up but lets the team play like they can. We only need a goal to open up the tie. Probably the hardest team since Hamburg.

As a regular watcher of Dynamo Kiev I can tell you this, they will come at us with all guns firing and try to finish the job in Kiev. They will try to come to Manc with at least a 2 goal lead, then they will do the same at our place. Dynamo are a very experienced European team who know what it takes to beat the best in Europe. This will be a really tough test and City will need to be at their very best to come away from Kiev with anything. In my honest opinion the winner of this tie will go on to win the final and as much as I hate to say this, I cannot see City progressing. In fact, if City play their usual half assed I don't give a rats ass approach, we will be the next team to suffer an 8-1 kicking be Dynamo Kiev. The only superstar at Dynamo is Shevers, but they play for the pride of the shirt, not the wage packet, and they give 110% no matter who they play or where they play. I tell you the truth people, this could very well be our last game in this competition. So my prediction is this...In Kiev it will be 3-1 to Kiev and 1-1 at Coms..Sorry but they are just too good for us and they know their way around the European stage. And had Dynamo played Aris, the tie would have been over in Greece in the first half! I know I will take some serious criticism for what I have wrote but I watch both teams week in, week out and if you could put the Kiev Heart into the players at City we would Run away with the league and win the triple every year! CTID.

Vicky said:
As a regular watcher of Dynamo Kiev I can tell you this, they will come at us with all guns firing and try to finish the job in Kiev. They will try to come to Manc with at least a 2 goal lead, then they will do the same at our place. Dynamo are a very experienced European team who know what it takes to beat the best in Europe. This will be a really tough test and City will need to be at their very best to come away from Kiev with anything. In my honest opinion the winner of this tie will go on to win the final and as much as I hate to say this, I cannot see City progressing. In fact, if City play their usual half assed I don't give a rats ass approach, we will be the next team to suffer an 8-1 kicking be Dynamo Kiev. The only superstar at Dynamo is Shevers, but they play for the pride of the shirt, not the wage packet, and they give 110% no matter who they play or where they play. I tell you the truth people, this could very well be our last game in this competition. So my prediction is this...In Kiev it will be 3-1 to Kiev and 1-1 at Coms..Sorry but they are just too good for us and they know their way around the European stage. And had Dynamo played Aris, the tie would have been over in Greece in the first half! I know I will take some serious criticism for what I have wrote but I watch both teams week in, week out and if you could put the Kiev Heart into the players at City we would Run away with the league and win the triple every year! CTID.
Whilst I don't doubt you as to how they play.
1 The Russian league is not as good nor as challenging as most Eyropean leagues.
2. They are not in the Chamlpions League, so thay can't beat the best teams in Europe.
3. They would have beat Aris away. Are you sure they haven't lost there in 43, yes that's 43 Euro ties.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.