So what is known about Dynamo Kiev?

From what Vicky has said it pretty much ties in with my feelings about the forthcoming trip there , they will provide very stern opposition for us .... and if we go there in the same fashion that we went to Hamburg or Santander , for example , then we'll be in for a miserable ninety minutes.

Mind you , out of the Russian/Ukraine sides , i'd rather be playing Kiev than Zenit , and it will depend on how we defend in this ..... we have to show great strength , both mentally and physically , as they are bound to try to attack us at will.

However i can see City scoring in Kiev and that could well prove to be a 'godsend' in a two legged tie such as this ...... and what gives me real hope is the amount of goals that JO previously scored in a Russian enviroment ..... he may well play in this game , but if he doesn't we definetely have better strikers than him!

I was impressed by how convincingly they beat Beskitas and it will be no easy tie by any means . They , unlike Aris , will have quality in the final third and we will need to be ready for that. But if we go at them in the first leg get a goal or two and stay solid at home we should win the tie . They aren't a bad team but when we play to our best ability we can beat anyone. We got to the quarter finals 2 years ago with a team much worse than ours both offensively and defensively . We now have one of the best teams in the world and I honestly believe the trophy is there for the taking . It won't be easy but we have the players to do it .

Lets put this in perspective

They don't do anything in the CL were English clubs tend to get to the last 8 at least.

The only advantage they should have is their experience of european matches. If we can't beat them over 2 legs then we don't deserve it. They probably haven't one player who would get in our team.

Don't think it will be easy but we need to start thinking like a top premier team should and expect to win two legged ties against these teams.

Blue Elmo said:
I was impressed by how convincingly they beat Beskitas and it will be no easy tie by any means . They , unlike Aris , will have quality in the final third and we will need to be ready for that. But if we go at them in the first leg get a goal or two and stay solid at home we should win the tie . They aren't a bad team but when we play to our best ability we can beat anyone. We got to the quarter finals 2 years ago with a team much worse than ours both offensively and defensively . We now have one of the best teams in the world and I honestly believe the trophy is there for the taking . It won't be easy but we have the players to do it .

You're right we should beat them... The tie just worries me though.
Can you imagine Balotelli, Silva, Tevez, Kolo, etc trying to play on a potato-field in a blistering snow storm in Kiev? It'll probably be close to -10C with snow.

I'd say we park the bus like it's never been parked before in Kiev. Hopefully we can get a 0-0 then have a go at Eastlands.
By no means do I want to see us parking the bus and getting a 0-0 but I'd be happy if we did in this particular tie!

the--dud said:
Blue Elmo said:

You're right we should beat them... The tie just worries me though.
Can you imagine Balotelli, Silva, Tevez, Kolo, etc trying to play on a potato-field in a blistering snow storm in Kiev? It'll probably be close to -10C with snow.

I'd say we park the bus like it's never been parked before in Kiev. Hopefully we can get a 0-0 then have a go at Eastlands.
By no means do I want to see us parking the bus and getting a 0-0 but I'd be happy if we did in this particular tie!

Parking the bus would not be a bad idea but we need to go there and get a goal because if we don't they have a very good chance of coming to our ground and scoring past us , so a goal there is essential . Once we get a goal then we can sit off a bit and hit them on the break because even though it maybe an away goal, 1 is tricky , 2 would be brilliant .

From everything I have ever heard about good tough team, fans esp. Last time I saw them was in the 2009 Europa League, think they got as far as the semis. Only thing I know about the squad is that Andriy Shevchenko is on it. Great player in his day, now as old as I am!!

I'm quietly confident. We went to Old Trafford and only lost to a wonder goal, we've gone the the Emirates and WHL and fought a draw. Last year we trounced Chelsea at Stamford bridge. If Mancio keeps our packed midfield and puts up a stellar defence, there's no reason we can't get a draw or 1 goal lead away, then demolish them at Eastlands.

Bekistas don't have the best defence, and looking at the vid posted before it was actually awful. Hard-fought tie, but I reckon we'll come out on top.

Re: Dinamo Kiev

Vicky said:
As a regular watcher of Dynamo Kiev I can tell you this, they will come at us with all guns firing and try to finish the job in Kiev. They will try to come to Manc with at least a 2 goal lead, then they will do the same at our place. Dynamo are a very experienced European team who know what it takes to beat the best in Europe. This will be a really tough test and City will need to be at their very best to come away from Kiev with anything. In my honest opinion the winner of this tie will go on to win the final and as much as I hate to say this, I cannot see City progressing. In fact, if City play their usual half assed I don't give a rats ass approach, we will be the next team to suffer an 8-1 kicking be Dynamo Kiev. The only superstar at Dynamo is Shevers, but they play for the pride of the shirt, not the wage packet, and they give 110% no matter who they play or where they play. I tell you the truth people, this could very well be our last game in this competition. So my prediction is this...In Kiev it will be 3-1 to Kiev and 1-1 at Coms..Sorry but they are just too good for us and they know their way around the European stage. And had Dynamo played Aris, the tie would have been over in Greece in the first half! I know I will take some serious criticism for what I have wrote but I watch both teams week in, week out and if you could put the Kiev Heart into the players at City we would Run away with the league and win the triple every year! CTID.

So very cliched and so very wrong.

Sorry.

Re: Dinamo Kiev

Vicky said:
As a regular watcher of Dynamo Kiev I can tell you this, they will come at us with all guns firing and try to finish the job in Kiev. They will try to come to Manc with at least a 2 goal lead, then they will do the same at our place. Dynamo are a very experienced European team who know what it takes to beat the best in Europe. This will be a really tough test and City will need to be at their very best to come away from Kiev with anything. In my honest opinion the winner of this tie will go on to win the final and as much as I hate to say this, I cannot see City progressing. In fact, if City play their usual half assed I don't give a rats ass approach, we will be the next team to suffer an 8-1 kicking be Dynamo Kiev. The only superstar at Dynamo is Shevers, but they play for the pride of the shirt, not the wage packet, and they give 110% no matter who they play or where they play. I tell you the truth people, this could very well be our last game in this competition. So my prediction is this...In Kiev it will be 3-1 to Kiev and 1-1 at Coms..Sorry but they are just too good for us and they know their way around the European stage. And had Dynamo played Aris, the tie would have been over in Greece in the first half! I know I will take some serious criticism for what I have wrote but I watch both teams week in, week out and if you could put the Kiev Heart into the players at City we would Run away with the league and win the triple every year! CTID.

That's like saying "Celtic are one of the best teams in Europe. I watched them demolish their closest rivals 3-0 last week"

Or you could say

Dads%20Army%20Frazier%20-%20doomed.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.