So what's to be done?

Change the way we play. Every system eventually needs to be changed and ours has been very much the same since Mancini's days.

We build possession, play very narrow football and when we do finally exploit the wings, we have both full backs getting forward.

But everyone can see through that now, if they sit back and wait whilst we play tika taka in the middle of the park and with our back four pushed so far up the pitch, we'll eventually drop a clanger and they'll take advantage of it.

We need some pacey wingers getting at their full backs. The only primary winger we have in the squad is Navas and he's an absolute pussy when it comes to getting forward. We need two who are Robben-esque.

When we had Bellamy, it worked brilliantly him getting forward and feeding it in to Tevez, the only issue at the time was that dreadful Toure/Lescott partnership.

So at the minute, a bit more width would be nice instead of this slow build up in the middle of the pitch. We could even delve into our youth academy for a winger if the manager and the director of football have the balls to do it. The same youth academy that these twats talk up endlessly.

give it to gordon said:
I would like to see agood young hungry manager along with good young hungry players ..........we just seem abit stall, abit slow, abit to nice, abit to old !

My main worry is that Aguero might get fed up with City.

This is spot-on. Sergio look frustrated today. We have to keep him at all costs.

TheRisingoftheNorth said:
I'll add.

E. Pellegrini to accept that 4-4-2 with these players does not work against good teams.

If he can do that, maybe he can turn it round (second place and making a fist of it at the Nou Camp).
If he can't, then it maybe is time for hm to go - option B.
I don't think we need a load of new players though - two or three in key positions should do it - but above all a solid holding midfielder.

(E) is correct but part of me is angry at Pellergrini that he put us in this position in the first place. I'd go as far as to say that even Alan Ball would'nt have been this negligent.

Appoint Rafa on an interim basis. Give him the brief of freshening-up the playing style, motivating those players that we want to have a long term future here, introducing some of the academy talent to the 1st team, whilst executing some tough decisions in terms of clearing-out the lazy ego's who seem to be more comfortable playing for themselves rather than Manchester City Football Club.

Give Viera a role working with Benitez as the bridge between now and PG coming-in.

Do this after we go out of the Champions League.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.