So what's to be done?

Forget fighting till the end. We’re not even fighting in the middle.

In the short term we just need to win our home games and pray for a miracle in Barcelona.The teams behind us have all got to play Chelsea (and each other) so assuming that we don’t implode then 2nd place should be a formality.

Long term,it’s more a case of adopting a strategy and buying players to fit that strategy. If we want to get the best out of Silva then let’s get some energy behind him in midfield. If we want to really play the Barca way then we need footballing defenders.

At the moment we look like a team full of smug complacency

Smaller squad, higher quality, with young players filling in where needed. No need to be rotating to keep players happy, instead have a core 15-18 players who are all of a similar quality and back the academy to produce the players to fill out the squad when we get injuries.

You're 2nd in the league, having never been at your best for more than a couple of weeks. Things can't be all that bad.

I always had a soft spot for City, because of the fans. I thought... those guys could quite easily have taken the red pill and revelled in the cheating, but no, they're not some glory-seeking weaklings.

Nowadays City are the best team to watch, and the most successful in recent years. Are my old favourite fans happy with this? Apparently not.

Wait until the end of the season and then start doing the post mortem.

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Ray78 said:

Can't wait to hear Khaldoon's post season speech this year.

I've seen the DVDs version.

He can be seen with his fingers in his ears, going lalalala I can't hear you.

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Ray78 said:

Yeah i look forward to it myself .
It will be hard to positive spin on the season if we finish 3rd with no pot in the cabinet .
Let's face this week been very poor .

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Ray78 said:

Off field we are on target. We have started up a brand new football club from scratch, fully taken over another club and have a minority stake in a club In the J League. We have just moved to new training facilities and currently expanding the stadium.

Chippy_boy said:
(A) Nothing? All is well and every teams have these blips. Keep the faith and we'll win the season again?

(B) New manager? Pellegrini has shown his limitations and inability to learn from mistakes and the time has come to replace him? But who with?

(C) New players? Window after window of disappointing transfers, and now somehow - with FFP spending restrictions still in place for the next 2 windows, we are to miraculously sign star players?

(D) New management team? The team that oversaw us fail FFP in the first place and has presided over poor transfer after poor transfer?

Honestly, I don't know what to make of it, nor what we should do. But I don't think its (A), do you?

B and now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.