So what's to be done?

Benarbia said:
Pedrothe exile said:
[
My main worry is that Aguero might get fed up with City.

This is spot-on. Sergio look frustrated today. We have to keep him at all costs.

If he wasn't thinking "if I was playing for Barca i would havescored a hat trick by now"then there's something wrong with him.He was living off scraps last night with limited opportunities"..the only saving grac eis that with their front 3 they don't need him otherwise I reckon he would be off like a shot.

Id be worried if madrid sell Ronaldo and Benzema in the summer as Aguero would be their number 1 target

Aguero should be looking frustrated for the simple reason his miss form 12 yards out cost us a chance of progressing.

I am not in the lets feel sorry for Silva and Aguero because they could be playing for a better side. Both have these players could be doing better at the moment and need to stop sulking and get on with making sure we end up in the competition next season. Aguero has missed good chances in recent weeks in key games and is nowhere near the form of pre Xmas.

Both are being paid shit loads of money to play for us and should focus on the job in hand. We need all our players to focus and as two of our more talented and senior players they should be leading the way no trudging off the pitch heads down when they get subbed.

Benarbia said:
Pedrothe exile said:
This is spot-on. Sergio look frustrated today. We have to keep him at all costs.

If he wasn't thinking "if I was playing for Barca i would havescored a hat trick by now"then there's something wrong with him.He was living off scraps last night with limited opportunities"..the only saving grac eis that with their front 3 they don't need him otherwise I reckon he would be off like a shot.

Id be worried if madrid sell Ronaldo and Benzema in the summer as Aguero would be their number 1 target

Absolutely. Yes the guy has been part of some incredible moments and doubtless the Agueroooooooooo moment will stay with him forever, as it will with all of us. But *surely* he has to be wishing to get to the next level and win the CL. For the last few seasons, although we have been woeful in Europe, we've been thinking "maybe next year". If he starts thinking "maybe this isn't going to happen", you'd have to worry that he might want to leave. He's won every domestic trophy here - there's only the CL left for him to aim for.

Hart, Kompany, Mangala, zabaleta, Fernandinho, Silva, Bony and Aguero can stay..... the rest of the squad offers very little and have gone way past their sell by date

We need to refresh the squad with younger quality and that includes promoting a player like Lopes into the 1st team this summer

BlueMoonz1977 said:
Hart, Kompany, Mangala, zabaleta, Fernandinho, Silva, Bony and Aguero can stay..... the rest of the squad offers very little and have gone way past their sell by date

We need to refresh the squad with younger quality and that includes promoting a player like Lopes into the 1st team this summer
Navas, Nasri, Clichy, demichelis, Milner. All essential players. Like to think Yaya Toure will improve next season as well.

Dzeko, Jovetic, Kolarov would be the players I'd be looking to move on

Marvin said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:

Navas, Nasri, Clichy, demichelis, Milner. All essential players. Like to think Yaya Toure will improve next season as well.

If Pellers has the reigns next year, I think he finally lost his patience with Nasri & Toure and they will be sold. I also think Jovetic will remain and become a key player.

Marvin said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:

Impressed by your optimism but I think the little men in white coats might be on the way round to yours Marvin ;)

TFC said:
Marvin said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:

Impressed by your optimism but I think the little men in white coats might be on the way round to yours Marvin ;)

Keeping players like Nasri, Navas, Clichy, Demi and Milner is being complacent = they have been here long enough and offer very little along with Dzeko, Jovetic and Kolarov.

Would any of them walk into Real, Barcelona or Bayern team - no.

Ship them out and get fresh young quality players in

BlueMoonz1977 said:

I agree as much as hes slated I'd throw Navas into that bracket at least he offers something different. What we need to do is be realistic about who we can attract and make our move quickly. Imo if there's a bidding war we won't sign Pogba etc. There's plenty of young quality players who we could move for, Alcantara, Griezmann, De Bruyne, and experienced players like Pedro. People may laugh but some cheap squad players that offer far more and cost far less than players like Fernando such as Bojan. And our very own Lopes

It is very simple in my opinion. Replace MP with a manager who is willing and able to play Tixki's 4-3-3 and see what happens next year (after we have had a relatively big window of shifting players) to see if Tixki knows what he is doing.

Chippy_boy said:
Benarbia said:
Pedrothe exile said:

Absolutely. Yes the guy has been part of some incredible moments and doubtless the Agueroooooooooo moment will stay with him forever, as it will with all of us. But *surely* he has to be wishing to get to the next level and win the CL. For the last few seasons, although we have been woeful in Europe, we've been thinking "maybe next year". If he starts thinking "maybe this isn't going to happen", you'd have to worry that he might want to leave. He's won every domestic trophy here - there's only the CL left for him to aim for.

I agree with this and if we don't vastly improve in the summer I think he will be off the summer after and we can't really complain with that. He's only going to leave for madrid, barça or bayern, 3 clubs bigger than us and ones we won't be competing with in the next 3-5 years unless something drastically changes. He will be fine, as will we and he will always be a legend in my eyes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.