So who do we want in the semi?

As we still have injuries and we need to play them twice, I'd take the easiest, which on paper is Stoke. Don't really want 2 harder games against Liverpool at the moment. I'd prefer to save them for the final when we'll (hopefully) have a full squad the choose from.

The last time we played Everton in the league cup was 1988 .
We lost 2-0 at Goodison Park .
They were a good Team then finishing fourth in the First Division, whilst we were in the Second Division. Things have changed a bit since then!

I don't think our away record against any of the Teams left in the competition is particularly good, but I wouldn't want to go to Anfield for the second leg of the Semi.

I always always put on these threads that I want the easiest tie possible. But in this case I would actualyl rather have the hardest one- Liverpool - because over two legs we are much less prone to a slip-up. Whilst I'd like to tonk them in the final, I'd have a bit of a bad feeling about it to be honest. They don't suit us, particularly with Klopp in charge and his pressing tactics.
I absolutely agree with this. Klopp, Wembley, Giddy Mickeys and the media wankfest that it would bring, I wouldnt like that as much as playing them twice and having the chance to manage the tie. Cup finals can be funny things as we well know

It's a tricky one. They are all decent sides.

I wouldn't rate our chances against Liverpool as more than 50/50 as we just can't seem to win at Anfield despite being better than them for 5 years now and I didn't like what I saw the other week. Surely Pellegrini wouldn't be that fucking stupid to make that mistake again?

I would fancy us more against them on neutral territory as we would be a bit more cautious I think.

However if we did beat them the final would be a bit easier as the other sides would be more nervous than us.

On that basis I'm going for Stoke.

Everton or Liverpool, wouldn't want to play either of them in the final if we could avoid it, will work a lot harder than us to snap up the neutral tickets, a la Sunderland

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.